PDA

View Full Version : So, Charlotte is this weekend

Charge
May 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Lots of great names on the psych sheets:
http://www.charlotteultraswim.com/results09/Psych.htm

Looking forward to seeing some of it on TV! In a non-olympic year no less!

Phelps' schedule is 200 Free and 100 Fly on Friday
50 free and 100 Back Saturday (back to back events)
100 Free on Sunday.

Will be very interesting to see if he swims those same events at Nationals/Worlds. I wonder if he's going to try to go for 8 golds again. I was under the impression he was going to scale back and change up some events, but I guess I was wrong. He's seeded 22.72 in the 50 free. Hs he ever swum a 50 in major competition the last 8 years?

I'm also very intrigued to see the young kid, Dagny Knutson. Lots of great swimmers, Hoff, Lochte, Peirsol, Tarwater, Jones, Joyce, Magnuson, Clary, Beisel, McGregory, the Vanderkaays etc etc etc etc

aquageek
May 12th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Although not the prime time session, I am going for Sunday morning prelims so I'll see the 100 free of Phelps, and many other swims as well. Our club is the host club for this meet.

Rykno
May 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I wonder if phelps can swim under 22.0

or if his 100 fr time will be anywhere close to 47.5

being out of the water for so long has to have effected in in some way...look at Tiger Woods he's playing great for a golfer but not by Tiger's standards.

lefty
May 12th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I wonder if phelps can swim under 22.0

As of last year I don't think he could do that period. IE shaved, tapered and suited. But he is training differently now, so we'll see.

bamueller
May 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Will any of this be televised, or available via internet? If so, send a link please.

Charge
May 12th, 2009, 01:57 PM
6-8pm on fri, sat and sun nights. Universal Sports channel (NBC network)