PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Photos

knelson
May 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Some of you must have gotten some good photos from Clovis: swimming photos, photos of the facility, photos of other forumites, etc.

Post 'em up!

Here's a stitched panoramic of the competition pool and one of me swimming the 200 fly to start things off!

Ahelee Sue Osborn
May 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Some of my favorite (no longer anonymous) Forumites!

Chris, Ande, MJSwims, Speedo, Warren all brought it in hot!

ande
May 15th, 2009, 12:28 PM
here's a few Tyler the Miler shared
http://gallery.me.com/tylerb#gallery

Crazyman
May 15th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Kirk at warm up and 1650 :)

Crazyman
May 15th, 2009, 12:44 PM
2 part of Kirk's 1650

Fresnoid
May 15th, 2009, 12:56 PM
2 part of Kirk's 1650

That's me next to him in the 3rd picture. It must be really early in the race if I'm right next to him.

Crazyman
May 15th, 2009, 12:58 PM
1. Darren Grose (floswimming) and myself chat. In background Jazz Hand :)
2. The guy from California and me, he was really nice. I hope he is forumite here:)
3. After my 100 fly.
4. After 100 free.
5. LA testing by Genadijus.

jim clemmons
May 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM
2. The guy from California and me, he was really nice. I hope he is forumite here:)

2. Kenton Jones, San Diego

Haven't seen him on the forums unless he's undercover :cool:.

Speedo
May 15th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Some of my favorite (no longer anonymous) Forumites!

Chris, Ande, MJSwims, Speedo, Warren all brought it in hot!
I hope you all appreciate the effort it took to have my forum name put on my suit.

Karen Duggan
May 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Jim Clemmons, who don't you know?!

:D

knelson
May 15th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Really nice photos, Vlad. Thanks for posting!

Crazyman
May 15th, 2009, 02:14 PM
2. Kenton Jones, San Diego

Haven't seen him on the forums unless he's undercover :cool:.
Thank you Jim. If you have chance, pass to him my Hi and this picture:)

jim clemmons
May 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Jim Clemmons, who don't you know?!

:D

A gob, apparently. Seems like half the forum alledgedly attended Clovis yet I probably only saw/met with a couple of dozen or so.

Think I saw more Facebook buddies...

jim clemmons
May 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Thank you Jim. If you have chance, pass to him my Hi and this picture:)

Here you go Vlad. You can get hold of him yourself (in theory).

Name: Kenton R Jones
LMSC: San Diego - Imperial
Club: San Diego Swim Masters (SDSM)

Contact Kenton R Jones via e-mail at kerujo@usms.org

Syd
May 15th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Kirk, you haven't been reading Ande's faster, faster tips. Your goggle strap should be on the INSIDE of your cap.
(slap on the wrist smiley)

tjrpatt
May 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Kirk, you haven't been reading Ande's faster, faster tips. Your goggle strap should be on the INSIDE of your cap.
(slap on the wrist smiley)

it is probably Kirk's preference. I wear my goggle strap outside of my cap. But, I might change it when I can find the right dome cap that won't come off during a race.

knelson
May 15th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I always put them on the inside when I race. They were only on the outside in the warmup pool.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
May 16th, 2009, 12:24 AM

That California guy would be Kenton Rush Jones.
He rocks the San Diego Masters crowd along with Matt Pentland from the Mission Y Masters.
This is a program I recomend to San Diego visitors staying near downtown.

You're right. Really nice.

knelson
May 16th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I'm in the process of uploading some of my pictures from the trip to my flickr account. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35423702@N08/sets/72157618195752930/

A few from the meet. Lots more from Kings Canyon and Yosemite.

Fresnoid
May 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I'm in the process of uploading some of my pictures from the trip to my flickr account. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35423702@N08/sets/72157618195752930/

A few from the meet. Lots more from Kings Canyon and Yosemite.

I'm glad you took the time to see both parks.

knelson
May 16th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm glad you took the time to see both parks.

So am I! Anyone who came in for the meet and didn't manage to hit one of the National Parks really missed out, IMO. They were both spectacular, but really Yosemite Valley is almost beyond description.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
May 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
So am I! Anyone who came in for the meet and didn't manage to hit one of the National Parks really missed out, IMO. They were both spectacular, but really Yosemite Valley is almost beyond description.

I've seen that Yosemite National Park... and it IS gorgeous however -
the last time I was there, it was SNOW CAMPING.
Lets' just say I was not the happiest camper!
Have not been back since!

I know its' the best time to visit just about now when the falls start melting and rushing. Glad you all could see it!

(photos -> Tracy Grilli, MH, Bill McC., Laura Val, ED-Rob, Michael Moore, Ashley)

jim clemmons
May 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I've seen that Yosemite National Park... and it IS gorgeous however -
the last time I was there, it was SNOW CAMPING.
Lets' just say I was not the happiest camper!
Have not been back since!

I know its' the best time to visit just about now when the falls start melting and rushing. Glad you all could see it!

(photos -> Tracy Grilli, MH, Laura Val, ED-Rob, Michael Moore, Ashley)

Pointing out the way for Laura in Pic #3, is Bill McCracken from Tri-Valley Masters, Pleasanton, CA. Tri-Valley's hosting the National 1 mile open water swim next year at Lake Del Valle, Livermore, CA.

poolraat
May 17th, 2009, 09:58 AM

It is a beautiful place to visit. I'm fortunate to live near a mountain range with scenery just as spectacular, without all the people. I can spend a weekend there and count on one hand the others I encounter.

ericl
May 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
It is a beautiful place to visit. I'm fortunate to live near a mountain range with scenery just as spectacular, without all the people. I can spend a weekend there and count on one hand the others I encounter. __________________

I lived in Reno for a while. I was astonished at how beautiful the Toiyabies and the Ruby Range were and how empty they were. I treated it as my personal Sierras.