PDA

View Full Version : USA Swimming database

pwolf66
May 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Anyone know if there were any issues with time entries to the SWIMS database? I just looked and my swims that I requested to be entered are not listed. It's only been 2 weeks but...

jpheather
May 18th, 2009, 12:50 PM
USMS does not use the SWIMS database - that is for USA Swimming. If you are thinking of the USMS Meet Results Database:
http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/resultstrack.php
all of my individual swims are showing up fine.

knelson
May 18th, 2009, 01:06 PM
No, there was a sheet at the Clerk of Course's table at Nationals that you could fill out to have your times submitted to SWIMS. My times aren't showing up yet either, Paul. I'm sure they will at some point.

Fresnoid
May 18th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'll be gone the next 2 days, but I'll try to remember to ask the Meet Director about this on Thursday.

pwolf66
May 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
thanks, Keith. Not trying to pressure them, just wondering as I would like to use those times for an LCM meet at the end of June.

tjrpatt
May 18th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I got my times from Colonies Zones into the SWIMS Database no problem. Of course, Cheryl Ward told me that there were alot of emails exchanged about how to get this done. But, that would be a good place to get them submitted into the SWIMS next year because she is a pro now. Now, I can do USS meets that require Qualifying Times and have Finals in them. Plus, I have the option now of doing a March taper for the LSC Senior Champs which I might not have to travel far for depending on where the meet is at.

The SWIMS Database is a very fun tool. You can check your rankings in an individual event. Plus, if you live in high altitude or swim a High altitude meet, the time will be adjusted.

My ranking this year in the 200 LCM fly is 751 and 1500 free is 698. In yards, I am ranked 3174 in the 200 yard fly.

bkbain
May 22nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
I didnt fill out the sheet at nats but is there any way to get my times in the swims database?

tjrpatt
May 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I didnt fill out the sheet at nats but is there any way to get my times in the swims database?

I would ask knelson or Chris Stevenson because they are always getting their Nationals times into the SWIMS. But, I would guess that it might be too late. Then again, I am not 100% on that. Another suggestion, email the meet director from Spring Nationals.

Chris Stevenson
May 24th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I would ask knelson or Chris Stevenson because they are always getting their Nationals times into the SWIMS. But, I would guess that it might be too late. Then again, I am not 100% on that. Another suggestion, email the meet director from Spring Nationals.

No, I've never done this for nationals. But I THINK you have to request it beforehand so that the officials can verify that you did the race according to USA-S rules.

tjrpatt
May 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I read the Indy LCM Nationals Meet info and here is the info regarding getting your times at LCM Nats into the SWIMS

TIME VERIFICATION (FORMERLY OVCs)
Swimmers needing verification of time(s) or wish their times to be entered into the USA Swimming SWIMS Database (for entry into USA-S national meets) should complete a form at the meet and prior to the swim. Contact the Administrative Referee at the meet.

Fresnoid
May 30th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry for the delay, but this morning was the first time I've seen Dr. Wright in a while. Dowain said all the times that were requested have been submitted to USA Swimming. You cannot retroactively request submissions. The form had to be filled out before completion of the last event ta the Masters meet.

The times have not been posted due to consternation over butterfly rules. I guess in Masters, a breaststroke kick is legal during fly, but not in USA Swimming. There isn't official documentation that the butterfly swims were in compliance with USA Swimming rules. Apparently this being discussed within USA Swimming, but all other strokes will count for sure.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an official with USMS, USA Swimming or this year's Masters Nationals. I just being a nice guy and passing on information told directly to me by Dowain Wright, who was the Meet Director at Masters Nationals.

The reason for the disclaimer is one previous time I shared a discussion I had about the meet with Dowain. Some of it was misleading and an USMS official got his panties in a bunch and sent me a vigorous Private Message telling me to avoid posting anything that is not verifiable official doctrine. Silly me, I must have misunderstood "Discussion Forum".

knelson
May 30th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks, Keith. I just checked and still don't see the times, but I'm sure they will appear soon. I'd have to agree with USA Swimming's stance on the fly rules. It's pretty unlikely that anyone who requested having their times put in SWIMS used a breaststroke kick in a fly event, but "unlikely" isn't good enough.

knelson
June 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Just checked and the results are now in the database.

pwolf66
June 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yep, got my notification that updated results were available. Yay!!!!

tjrpatt
August 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
I am thinking of getting my 800 split of my 1500 into the SWIMS Database. Has anyone done this at Masters Nationals before? Or, is it just too much to ask the meet director? But, I am requesting an 800 split for Top Ten purposes so it can't be that much of a hassle. It is weird how it seems that lately I have been tapering for Masters meet so I can qualify for tougher USA-S meets.

tjrpatt
August 11th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Now, how long does it take for the Nationals times to show up in the SWIMS Database? Of course, I filled out the form and give it to an Admin Referee like it states in the Meet Info.

JimRude
October 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion for who to contact at USMS to ask about getting USMS SCY and LCM Nationals into the USAS SWIMS database after the fact?

barryf
October 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Send your request about getting USMS SCY and LCM Nationals into the USAS SWIMS database after the fact to the USMS Officials Chair:

Charles.Cockrell@alumni.virginia.edu

pwolf66
October 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I do believe that the swimmer had to be a registered USA-S swimmer at the time the swims occurred.