PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip! Rock Quarry Pool! Go!

wilddave
June 5th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Fellow Illinois Folks,

It is time to have some fun while on a road trip meet without the stress of a Nationals. Not too serious, but high on adventure. Lakeside Swim Club in Louisville is a perfect venue for fun. Vast volumes of crystal clear water in a vintage rock quarry. This is where Mary T. got her start. This pool is cool.

The water is surrounded by 40 foot ivy covered stone walls carved out from the quarry days. The bottom is way deep and still rock. Bring a raft, there is a raft-only area where you can paddle out and hook your feet under the lane line and cheer swimmers on from the water. Kids love this place and I am a big kid.

August 9 & 10. Not too far at all for a weekend road trip. Family can have fun at this one as well!

Anyone else care to join the Evanston Masters in Louisville? Maybe take a paddle boat ride on the Ohio River?

Coach Sue
June 5th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Well David, that sure sounds fun & I posted the info on our web page. We are amking a road trip out of the Saluki meet & getting cabins outside of Carbondale. I hear Carbondale is the home of quarter beers.
We sure missed you in Arizona! What was your excuse again? Looking forward to seeing the Wildcats soon. maybe we should do a dual meet sometime??? what a thought! Waves vs Wildcats!:)

NKMD
June 23rd, 2003, 11:14 PM
Dave,
If you guys don't want to drive, Southwest airlines has flights for that weekend around $100.00. Also, I got the Hyatt Louisville on priceline this past weekend for $50.00/night.

Lakeside is a great pool. Deep for the entire 50 meters.

Bring lots of sunscreen, and floating mats.

Fun meet.

P.S. but what about Rutgers too.

wilddave
June 24th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Fellow Illini,

Here is the Lakeside meet entry location...

Lakeside Meet Entry Form 2003 (http://www.kylmsc.org/pdfs/03%20Lake%20Info.pdf)

Should be a wild time!