PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a Jaked suit?

Glenn
May 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Anybody know where I can get a Jaked suit?

I haven't been able to find a website. Would appreciate any help here.

Thanks!!!

bkbain
May 23rd, 2009, 05:18 PM
http://www.jaked.it/

There is another thread that someone talked about what you have to do to order. Its somewhere in the nationals section. Ill try to find it.

Glenn
May 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks so much for the website! Yes, now I do remember a discussion about the round about way to buy one.

joy
May 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
I thought these suits were one of the ones that didn't pass yet. Still want one??? Open water perhaps.

Glenn
May 23rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
No, no, Jaked 03 and legs only are on the OK list.

ViveBene
May 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Anybody know where I can get a Jaked suit?

I haven't been able to find a website. Would appreciate any help here.

Thanks!!!

Contact geochuck (George Park) on these forums.
Here is the relevant page from his Web site:
http://swimdownhill.com/_wsn/page4.html

geochuck
June 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Jaked
http://www.jaked.it/prodotti_eng.html

Mswimming
June 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I saw quite a few Jaked suits at the mission meet this weekend and the funny thing was that the officials were giving people a hard time over having a drag suit on.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
June 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I saw quite a few Jaked suits at the mission meet this weekend and the funny thing was that the officials were giving people a hard time over having a drag suit on.

Officials did not comment on any tech-suits worn, but were clearly warning everyone who wore more than one suit. Even tiny "modesty suits" underneath.

One of our guys, to my displeasure, wore 2 baggie waterpolo drag suits as is his normal practice at non-championship meets.
He was warned not to wear 2 suits! FINALLY a solution to get a least one of those suits off him!

Unnofficially, I believe there were 5 Masters World Records set at the Mission Viejo LC Meet.

We all had fun giving our tech-suits their last hurrah!

Mswimming
June 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
We all had fun giving our tech-suits their last hurrah!

No high end suit for me. I wore my old tyr aquashift legskins.

geochuck
June 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hi tech suit wearers don't dispare!!!

A good use for the high tech suits that will not be allowed - especially the ones that cover the whole body. They align the body into a better position then a regular swim suit, which will help you when you switch back to a regular suit. It is a shame if we paid over $500.00 for the suit that it is going to be regulated to be a training suit and not a race approved suit.

Gail Roper
June 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Right, unoffiicially 5 masters world records. Not set, as FINA might not approve them.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
June 8th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Right, unoffiicially 5 masters world records. Not set, as FINA might not approve them.

Ha Ha Gail - its totally true!

I did see several unidentified long lens photographers on deck... perhaps a FINA spy?

Most of us swam the 1 day meet as our 1st LC meet of the season - for fun and training. 5 events plus 2 relays in 4 hours.
Not too threatening. Just a tech-suit last hurrah!