PDA

View Full Version : Universal Sports airing Santa Clara Meet

tjrpatt
June 4th, 2009, 09:33 PM
http://www.usaswimming.org/usasweb/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?TabId=1205&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en&ItemId=2475&mid=4005

This is really great to hear. :applaud:.

swimshark
June 5th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Tom.

SLOmmafan
June 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I wonder if this is a momentary blip of increased coverage of swimming (or Michael Phelps, specifically) or if the trend will continue long term. These cable sport channels need events to broadcast 24/7, so I think it gives greater opportunity to broadcast 4-5 major swim meets outside of the normal Olympics/World Championships.

orca1946
June 5th, 2009, 03:34 PM
for 2 weeks now ,I have been watching bike racing on U S & the coverage is very good. I hope that swimming will be as good !

tjrpatt
June 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Universal Sports is still showing repeats of the Charlotte meet. I think that it is Uuniversal's programming to have alot of similar events during each season. During the winter, they had skiing on all the time. Heck, I think that they had curling on. Hopefully, NBC will air the Worlds on prime time since it is the summer. Heck, they are so deperate for content that they had to buy CTV shows. Then again, I think that it is cheaper than developing their own shows for the summer.