PDA

View Full Version : You know you are getting old when....

Hoosier
June 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Your Middle Child (not even your oldest) joins Masters Swimming!

isobel
June 21st, 2009, 01:05 PM
I think that means "you know you are getting cool when . . ." I think that's awesome!

I keep hoping I can get my older sister to join masters and we can race at an event together. I've tried to get all my siblings to get into swimming, but they aren't interested. We didn't do age-group swimming but we did swim on the Duke and Dutchess team in Durham, NC, coached by Coach Persons, coach of the Duke swim team.

My sisters were fast, my brother and I weren't.

For points, one sister was entered into the 100 fly, which they forever called "the dying swan" based on her performance. She was the only one entered and we did win the meet.

I say it's cool to have your kids join you in masters.

Last night I *did* say to myself in my bathroom mirror, "Why is God so mean to me? He's letting me get older and older and now all these dang wrinkles!" But of course I meant it affectionately. I mean, I'm alive, you know.

And off to do stroke drills and possibly sail because it's nice and windy here in Boston.

Bobinator
June 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
My oldest daughter (23) will swim with my team in spurts. It amazes me how after 2 or 3 easy practices she can kick my butt......even with her partying and nightlife!
Like you Isabel, I am really grateful to be here and able to swim whenever I want! Life is good!

laineybug
June 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
On my 50th birthday, the coach of the kids' team gave me a 'present.' She had all the kids get in the lane next to me, crowd up next to the wall and when I get close enough to start a turn, she says in a very LOUD voice, "Okay, watch her, she does a good turn in slow motion." I'll be sixty in two years, wonder what my present will be then?

Lainey

aquageek
June 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
I'll be sixty in two years, wonder what my present will be then?

Lainey

How about a USMS membership?

laineybug
June 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
How about a USMS membership?

How sweet of you to offer.

Lainey