PDA

View Full Version : Lack of inspiration

swim25
June 22nd, 2009, 03:52 AM
So I recently left the team that I practice with to go home for a few months I was away for school and swimming with a team for the year and since have gone home for the summer but I will return in the fall.. I have been trying to practice with a team near my home but am not feeling any motivation, not due to lack of inspiration from new coach or swimmers but it's me who isn't feeling it. I have been getting back into cycling and kinda just want to do that for awhile. I don't want to go back to my old team and be out of shape for swimming, so I need to know if any one has any tactics they use to get themselves inspired again. I still love swimming. I think I'm kinda depressed cause I miss my teammates.:sad:

KEWebb18
June 22nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
What are your goals that you want to accomplish next year with your team? Will you be able to accomplish your goals if you do more cycling than swimming this summer? Can you set a goal for each week to get through the summer?

I think that if you can set concrete goals, and outline the steps that you will take to achieve them, you may find your "inspiration".

I went through a similar experience in college-the summer before my junior year my coach called me at home and said that he was leaving to go to another school. I felt horrible and just wanted to give up the whole thing--he was really a great coach and pushed me harder than anyone else could. But I found that when I figured out my goals for the next year, and the best way for me to accomplish them, giving up would not allow for me to get where I wanted to be.

Maybe the homesickness for your teammates will pass--the summer will be over before you know it.