PDA

View Full Version : B70 Nero Odds of Survival Post Dec. 31

jim thornton
June 24th, 2009, 11:50 PM
A quick poll on the Nero's fate...

pwb
June 25th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Jim,

Remind me not to hire you to run any objective opinion polls. :)

I don't think it will survive as is. If the "woven textile" / Speedo shill lobby wins, B70 will go back to the OW/tri market. If not, they'll do some silly modifications that are required by FINA and jack the price up a bit to cover their production costs, but will still remain a value compared to Speedo's overpriced, unreliable, performance-inducing LZR.

jim thornton
June 25th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Patrick, are you saying my poll questions were biased?

Lordy!

I wasn't sure whether to phrase it this way:

Will the best thing since sliced bread be unfairly hounded out of the cruel sport by meddling bureaucrats who like nothing better to do than to make people miserable?

or this way:

Will this ruination of swimming, which is fast turning the once proud sport of Weismuller, Schollander, and Spitz into a bastardized form of body kayaking (it is rumored that infants in B70s can pass the deep water test because they are physically incapable of sinking!), be righteously tarred and feathered and then waterboarded before being hounded forever from the nation's natatorium complexes?

Unable to pick which way to go, I tried to strike a more neutral tone. The subtext of which:

Which is more of a travesty: the new suits, or the bastard corporations that are trying to take their competitor's products away from us?

Maybe I do need some help in my polling questions.

meldyck
June 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I for one am glad to see this poll. We certainly haven't given enough mental energy to this topic and should spend more countless hours/bytes worrying about it.

knelson
June 25th, 2009, 10:55 AM
What else are we going to worry about, Mel? The situation in Iran? Nukes in North Korea? Those things pale in comparison to "Suitgate."

Allen Stark
June 25th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I remember the glorious days long ago when we discussed swimming technique on this forum.Those were the days!

jim thornton
June 25th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Ah, the polling gods reveal nothing.

If you add the legal still vs. illegal soon votes, we still have a perfect 50-50.

Which makes my decision all that much more confounding.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

meldyck
June 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I remember the glorious days long ago when we discussed swimming technique on this forum.Those were the days!

Your memory is better than mine, Allen. But, then, I'm WAY older than you are.

aztimm
June 25th, 2009, 11:57 AM

+1

what about an option, "I really don't care either way.". This topic has been done to death. I'll never buy a suit that is more than $25, and all this constant chatter about suits keeps me off of the forums, except the blog section, where there's still some info on workouts, technique, etc.

mpmartin
June 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I think everyone should just wear what the already have, and when that suit
wears out, worry about all of this then.

psyncw
June 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Hey Jim- I have a 28 nero short leg that i bought for sc nationals, and have worn it for three races. I don't like it - let me know if you are interested in it.