PDA

View Full Version : 4th of JULY WEEKEND - WHATS' EVERYONE DOING?

Ahelee Sue Osborn
June 27th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm sticking close to my new home...
Afterall, there are mermaids on the patio and the Mission Viejo pool is just 2:45 away on my bike. (I can't swim a 300 that fast!)

On Sunday, July 5th, we're having a little 4th celebration party by hosting a relay meet and BBQ. The LC workout is optional for any swimmer still feeling the need for long course after all the relays!

:welcome:

SUNDAY JULY 5TH! MISSION VIEJO TO HOST:
THE ANNUAL LONG COURSE RELAY MEET & OPEN WORKOUT!
8:30am warm-ups / 10:00am meet starts
Optional LC workout following meet finish.

http://www.spma.net/meetforms/2009/mvnrelayslcm09.pdf (http://www.spma.net/meetforms/2009/mvnrelayslcm09.pdf)

All fun for swimmers available over the 4th of July weekend!
The Nadadores BBQ will be fired up and all are welcome!

ViveBene
June 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Swimming 1 mile of the 1600 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline. The lake is 307 miles long. North to Canada!
:canada:

(We got yer geese; how about sending some Canadian wolves down to manage the population?)

tjrpatt
June 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I might do an Open Water swim on the 4th, but I have to do some kind of training. The next one I can do is on the 18th and I don't know if I should do it three weeks before Indy. Just because it is the 4th of July, it doesn't mean that you take off from training. Of course, it is excusable if you use the 4th as your recovery day.

ehoch
June 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Ahelee -

We are coming down for the meet - trying to make a run at a couple of Mixed 400 Medley / and Mixed 400 Free relay records. I asked Mark (sent an e-mail) if we can swim one of them earlier in the meet with either the Men's or Women's -- because the Mixed relays are really close together. Any chance you can check on that for me ?

See you next weekend --

Hoc

ericl
June 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Anyone going to be at the Coronado Swim?

3strokes
June 28th, 2009, 10:55 PM
North to Canada!
:canada:

(We got yer geese; how about sending some Canadian wolves down to manage the population?)

Will you be able to handle the .......... whistles??

poolraat
June 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Going to get my backpack and fishing stuff and disappear into the high country for a few days.

orca1946
June 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Hangin out with the mid 20's kids we raised. Maybe do a few beers & BBq

gigi
June 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I usually do a Fourth of July road race in a town a couple of towns over from me. That's about it. I might go down to Lake Quinsigamond or Indian Lake and go for a long swim if I can get someone to paddle alongside me.

Mostly a home weekend for me