5K or 2.5 K

entry will be posted on the CMSA website:
cmsaswim.org "meet market link"
in the next few days.

Big Shoulders website:
www.bigshoulders.org

Tom McCabe
July 10th, 2003, 07:37 PM
This swim needs to be expanded to include the IHSA Girls swimming. What a great way to kick off the girls season with an open water swim in Lake Michigan. You folks with connections with IHSA Girls Swimming need to take this idea and run with it. I don't know who would be best to contact with my idea, but I will if someone comes up with a name.

Nilco
July 10th, 2003, 08:03 PM
Tom
I am head coach for the Addison Trail/Willowbrook H.S. Swim Team. I know that the problem with my team is that we have an invite meet that Saturday, which has prevented me from swimming in the race myself :( Otherwise I would be up for talking to my AD about it.

NKMD
July 13th, 2003, 07:07 PM
The high school swimmers can have their own swim on that day,

Big Shoulders can not include swimmers under 19 year olds, which means that will exclude high school swimmers.

Big Shoulders is a sanction USMS-CMSA OPEN Water Swim.

lizzie
September 6th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks to all of those who put together and ran Big Shoulders today. It was a great race - water temperature 73 degrees - sunny - and calm. We couldn't have had better conditions.

Rumor is that the race was a bit short - I went 10 minutes faster than last year - but I prefer to think that I am just an incredible swimmer not that the race was short. At any rate - it was a well deserved 3 hour nap this afternoon.