PDA

View Full Version : I need a canoeist! 2009 Lake Minnetonka 5 mile (Minnesota)

DuluthMN
June 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hello all!! Newbie here! I just discovered the 5 mile swim across Lake Minnetonka and am really pumped to swim this event. However, as a lone swimmer, I don't even know anyone who kayaks or canoes - my family got rid of our canoe years ago, and, well, I need help.

If anyone lives in the Minneapolis area and can help me out - I'd be eternally grateful! I don't have much money right now, so this person would simply have to love canoeing or kayaking and just be interested in getting in some training while I swim across the lake (I've done long distance before). I live 160 miles from the event, so I need to get moving on this fast; again, if you know of anyone who could be of assistance, please get in touch!

Thanks!!

Jonathan Lund
218-355-1296 (c)

http://www.minnesotamasters.com/meetinfo/2009/2009%20Minnetonka%20Challenge%20Registration.pdf (link to the event)

This is early morning; Saturday, 7-18-2009.

thewookiee
June 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hello all!! Newbie here! I just discovered the 5 mile swim across Lake Minnetonka and am really pumped to swim this event. However, as a lone swimmer, I don't even know anyone who kayaks or canoes - my family got rid of our canoe years ago, and, well, I need help.

If anyone lives in the Minneapolis area and can help me out - I'd be eternally grateful! I don't have much money right now, so this person would simply have to love canoeing or kayaking and just be interested in getting in some training while I swim across the lake (I've done long distance before). I live 160 miles from the event, so I need to get moving on this fast; again, if you know of anyone who could be of assistance, please get in touch!

Thanks!!

Jonathan Lund
218-355-1296 (c)

http://www.minnesotamasters.com/meetinfo/2009/2009%20Minnetonka%20Challenge%20Registration.pdf (link to the event)

This is early morning; Saturday, 7-18-2009.

Jon,

Contact David Camerion at davidccameron AT hotmail DOT com

He coaches a bunch of tri athletes in Minneapolis and swims at that lake on a regular basis. He can probably put you in touch with some good ones in the area.