PDA

View Full Version : ripped suit

LMH
July 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1196792/Top-Italian-swimmers-horror-bathing-costume-bursts-open-unfortunate-place-championship-meet.html

tjrpatt
July 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
that sucks!!!!!!

BillS
July 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Looks to me like she had just modified her suit to avoid any allegations that it may tend to trap air. I wholeheartedly support her home remedy efforts to legalise her suit, and were I officiating the meet, I'd have let her swim. Of course, I would have been forced to observe her very carefully throughout the race to ensure she was in compliance with all the other rules.

thewookiee
July 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
she has a nice butt

aquageek
July 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
This suit is how one gets dates in Tennessee.

tjrpatt
July 2nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
I am sure that she got alot of twits and facebook postings after the meet.

orca1946
July 2nd, 2009, 05:16 PM
You gotta give her credit for improvising ??!!

qbrain
July 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Looks to me like she had just modified her suit to avoid any allegations that it may tend to trap air.

Maybe the problem was that it DID trap air, and the suit was inflated beyond maximum capacity.

Redbird Alum
July 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Wow... this is a direct result of the "absolutely only one suit" ruling!
Perhaps she should file "suit" against FINA for pain and suffering!?

ddl
July 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
Can she sue the suit maker? The sales of this suit will go down.

mermaid
July 4th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Hey Loren (LMH),
how is your suit holding up . . . if I recall correctly, you were experienceing some thread inefficiencies at the last meet . . .
I can't wait to see what you come up with for next season!:cheerleader:

Allen Stark
July 4th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I understand why she would be embarrassed and not want to swim.I can understand that swimming in it would slow her down,but under what rule was she DQ'd.

tjrpatt
July 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Maybe she didn't have a coach like Eddie Reese to halt the meet for 5 minutes so she could get into another suit like apparently, Eddie did for Dave Walters when his LZR ripped at NCAAs and got a 5 minute break to get a another LZR from Eddie's box of LZRs. Ok, I am just assuming the the box of LZR part. Also, she probably thought that since it wasn't a LZR, it wasn't going to rip.

nhc
July 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Wow... this is a direct result of the "absolutely only one suit" ruling!

Is there such a rule? But in the Beijing Olympics Italy's Pellegrini wore two suits and won Gold medal. You can even see (http://english.people.com.cn/90002/94411/95103/95121/95225/6475669.html) the suit underneath. "I put training swimsuit below the other swimsuit. Because the swimsuits of new generation are sometimes, it happens, they break very easily as it happened yesterday in semifinal. So in order to avoid any problem and ensure myself not naked, I wore underneath another swimsuit. This is a simple training swimsuit." Retrospectively, very wise of her!

RobbieD
July 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
nhc - they made the 1 suit rule after the Olympics because people were stacking suits to try and gain a compression/buoyancy advantage. So now at elite levels like that you can't wear anything under your techsuit. Luckily in masters a "modesty suit" is still allowed.

nhc
July 5th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Oh, I see. Thanks, RobbieD. It's all up to the suit makers now.:)

knelson
July 6th, 2009, 01:38 AM
A roll of duct tape should now be on every swimmer's pre-meet checklist.