PDA

View Full Version : GA Games

Lump
July 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone coming out? I'll be in the 5K.:applaud:

Not looking forward to the hot water. I'm sure the rain helped, but its gonna be 90+ after Tues for the rest of the week.

Donna
July 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I really want to go and swim, but I need to go to Atlanta the following weekend for the 14 & Under State Championships too. This I do for the 2 kids I am coaching this summer. It is actually nice to only have 2 kids to focus on while my other swimmers are away for the summer with jobs or family.

Good luck on your swim!

Rob Copeland
July 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I'll be there:bliss::bliss:

Jeff, It's not too late to sign up for the 5K-3K-1K trifecta:banana:

Entries are still being accepted through Active.com at :
http://208.106.191.140/html/georgia/registrationStep0.asp?action=&sportID=20

And race date entries are being accepted, for all you procrastinators:cane::cane:

Lump
July 5th, 2009, 10:39 PM
If the water was cooler I would. But after doing 2.5 OW practice with Pete Farren at Red Top Mtn I was spent from the 86 degree water. I never could stand warm water, especially having to wear a cap, which I NEVER did in my previous swimming life.

I'd like to talk to you about the Channel stuff as well and pick your brain.

Glider
July 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Hmmm. Let me think about that 5K...

Done. That's about 4.9K too far. Think I'll pass. Good swimming to all you distance whackos:cheerleader:

:D

Anyone coming out? I'll be in the 5K.:applaud:

Not looking forward to the hot water. I'm sure the rain helped, but its gonna be 90+ after Tues for the rest of the week.

Lump
July 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM
LOL! Yeah, this one isn't getting my juices flowing. Warm water, no current....its gonna be worst of the 3 I've done this year. But I'm just gonna relax and stretch it out. Hopefully I don't have to push it.

Lump
July 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Rob, could you post the link to the final results when posted? Thanks!

hnatkin
July 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Jeff,
Results are posted on the GA Games site
http://gagames.kennesaw.edu/2009%20Results/2009%20Georgia%20Games%20Open%20Water%20Swim%20Fin al%20Results.xls

Have fun at the Lake on Sat!
-Heidi

Lump
July 20th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks Heidi!

Felt great on Saturday at Red Top. Weather was PERFECT. I led the group by a wide margin (needed you there as a swim buddy!) and felt so good that I ended up doing 3 laps by myself...about 75 minutes straight. My brother came as well and did 2 laps...I was proud of him! See you at the next one!

want2beafish
July 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
Hate to barge in on your thread, but is there a formal group that regularly meets for OW swims in the Atlanta area? I've done two 5K swims this summer but completely on black line training, and it would be great to get in some lake swims.

want2beafish
July 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Oops, sorry, never mind... just saw it... I should read all the threads before I post. :blush:

Lump
July 23rd, 2009, 10:00 PM
Oops, sorry, never mind... just saw it... I should read all the threads before I post. :blush:

No problem, I just got an email from Pete last night. The swims for August are Aug 1 and August 15 at Red Top Mountain Park @ 8:30 AM. If you need directions PM me and I can get them for you.