PDA

View Full Version : US Summer Nats feature Masters Swimmers in Commercials

Glenn
July 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM
During the NBC taped broadcast of the summer nationals in Indianapolis on July 11 and 12 (apparently not the Universal Sports live broadcast though), about 25 Masters swimmers from Southern California will be in 12 commercials for USA Swimming during the broadcast.

We will be in suits and caps and goggles and sometimes in business attire and goggles.......but NO water. The spots were shot at the NBC/Universal offices on Saturday June 27. You will see Masters swimmers flying out of the elevator, doing breastroke down the hallway, shaving down for the "Big Meet", and other fun and silly stuff. For the eight second part of my fifteen minutes of fame, I got to be the "coach" of the hallway breastrokers!!

We all had fun doing the spots. Hope you enjoy watching them!:applaud:

james lucas
July 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM
You own a suit that wasn't made by B-70 or Speedo? Who knew?

Bobinator
July 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
That sounds like fun, I can't wait to see them! Go Masters ! :cheerleader:

Glenn
July 7th, 2009, 01:15 PM
The meet starts today at 3:00PM ( at least on the west coast). Phelps will be swimming the 100 and 200 free and the 100 and 200 fly. It is also a chance to see the pool where the USMS LCM Nats will be held in one month.

ALM
July 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I saw the commercial today. From what I could tell, it was VERY cute! Unfortunately my cable feed was horrible for the entire NBC broadcast. It kept breaking up. It did it during the commercials, too. I was hoping that it was just our NBC-HD channel, but I switched to the "regular" NBC channel and it was breaking up, too.

I loved the guy in the B70 leading the meeting in the conference room. Glenn, which one were you? Were you the guy near the end of the commercial, sitting in the hallway with a stopwatch? They only showed that guy for a couple of seconds.

I will watch tomorrow's broadcast. Hopefully the cable feed will be better (and they'll show the commercial again)!

Anna Lea

swimshark
July 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I saw one today and loved it!!

aquageek
July 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
The Cullen Jones commercial was filmed at our pool.

Glenn
July 11th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Jayhawk,

No, that wasn't me in the spot you saw. I was the "coach" using a whistle with a stop watch in hand as the three women breastrokers "swam" down the hall.

Now, oddly (or not) enough I did not get to see the spot today as I was.......where else, at a swim meet in Santa Barbara.

They will be showing more spots tomorrow during the telecast. Don't know if they will be showing any of the same ones or all new ones on Sunday.

Anyway, glad you saw it and enjoyed!!!:)

susanehr
July 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM
That ad was awesome. I replayed it several times and laughed harder each time. :lmao:Someone has to find it online and post it. I've looked everywhere. I wish I would have recorded it. Awesome job.

knelson
July 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Great ad. I'm disappointed it wasn't an ad for USMS, though.

RobbieD
July 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Anybody have a link to the commercials online? I've been looking all over trying to find them. I missed them yesterday because I was at the meet in Santa Barbara too. But I did catch one of them today on tv, very cool!

Glenn
July 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM
The production company is sending me a copy. As soon as I get it, and with a little help from my friends (since I'm not a computer geek), I'll post it here!:applaud:

That Guy
July 13th, 2009, 10:45 AM
They only showed that guy for a couple of seconds.

Strange, you'd think I would remember something like being in a commercial. Did they get my good side?

Diann
July 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Please do post a link to those commercials, I absolutely loved those! I was Goggling this a.m. to try to find a link to post on our club's site. That is very cool that some of you were in them! Diann in Carbondale, IL

ALM
July 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
The commercial was for Swimnetwork.com.

It's on their web site:

http://www.swimnetwork.com/videos/v/20090713/the_swimnetwork_commercial-16874.html

orca1946
June 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I clicked on the above & nada. Did I do something wrong?

ElaineK
June 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I clicked on the above & nada. Did I do something wrong?

Ummm, Oz, did it occur to you the link is from 2009??? :)

Rob Copeland
June 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
The joint venture between USA Swimming and Wasserman Media Group to host Swimnetwork.com ended in January of 2011. I believe the site remained up until mid-April 2011. Content was to be migrated to USASwimming.org.