PDA

View Full Version : How do you remember your workouts?

Lui
July 7th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I'm training by myself at the moment which means that I always pick one of my various workout plans for each training session. Some are easy to remember but others have to be written down because they're too complicated to remember.
What is the best way to have your workout plan at the pool end. Do you use special boards and a marker that can be erased or just a piece of paper?

Rykno
July 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
if I am alone then I just bring it on paper, get it wet and paste it to the wall ( we have a 20 inch wall at the end of the pool).

if we are more than 3 swimming together I use the dry erase board mounted at the pool making it easier for several lanes to see.

otherwise i guess i could just make 2-3 copies of the work for the end of each lane.

Lump
July 7th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Written on paper when I come in, wet and stick to kickboard. I'm pretty good about remembering everything I've done, splits, etc in my head. I've done it since I was a kid.

gobears
July 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
You can also stick your workout in a plastic Ziploc bag and keep it at the end of your lane for reference...

qbrain
July 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
We use the water paper trick described above for team workouts.

I have a gallon ziplock bag with a piece of cardboard in it to keep it flat, and several workouts printed out on it for solo workouts. I just put the workout I want to do today in front.

DianaC
July 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM
You can also go to any scuba diving shop and ask for a white board (called a scuba slate). You can write on it with the attached pencil, then use a regular white pencil eraser to take it off. I used to use this at masters practices, since I couldn't see the board without my glasses. It helps to have it written down, if you want to add it to a journal or total your yardage for the day.

Lui
July 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM
We use the water paper trick described above for team workouts.

I have a gallon ziplock bag with a piece of cardboard in it to keep it flat, and several workouts printed out on it for solo workouts. I just put the workout I want to do today in front.

Hey, that's a really good idea.
Like I know me I'll always put the easy one up front though:D

I'm actually going to try that one out. That also saves the writing down part. Instead I'll just print them out. I have a folder with hundreds of workouts.

gigi
July 7th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I almost never do the same practice twice so I don't need to re-use my workouts

I write my workouts on a 5x8 index card, then I dip it and stick it to a kickboard that I prop up on the block @ the end of the lane.

When I"m done with it, I put it on the bulletin board at the pool so my swim buds can use it later on if they want to

DPC
July 7th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I put them in an excel spread sheet, sort the sets by what I want and build my workouts, print them and keep them in a ziploc bag. I used to laminate them but the lamination didn't last and got to be a pain. I know pretty obsessive - but I'm a finance guy so I do everything in a spread sheet.