floggings will continue till morale improves

http://www.usms.org/myusms/flog

anyone got a flog?
What's the link?
like it better than your blog?

Ande

RobbieD
July 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I prefer to do my blogging elsewhere (http://www.robaquatics.com/), but I really like the FLOGs. I've been doing GTD all year and this makes it way easier to update my swims. I like that it's all online as opposed to being tied to an excel doc on my computer.

Can we link directly to FLOGs yet?

KEWebb18
July 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I am not a real huge fan of the FLOGs, but I put in my stuff for my GTD event that I am doing. It is better than having to open up an excel file and put in the yardage for the day.
I have yet to find a perfect place for putting in all of the comments that I have about my swimming, short of having a personal recorder from my brain during training sessions :D

Oh and Ande, BTW, it is "morale" not "moral". Sorry.

pwb
July 7th, 2009, 09:00 PM
floggings will continue till moral improves

http://www.usms.org/myusms/flog

anyone got a flog?
What's the link?
like it better than your blog?

Ande

I'm simply using the flog to have a running total of yardage/meterage. I'll continue my blog for detailing the workout and commentary.

Ian Smith
July 7th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Oh and Ande, BTW, it is "morale" not "moral". Sorry.

These days it should be "morals"......

knelson
July 8th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I am not a real huge fan of the FLOGs, but I put in my stuff for my GTD event that I am doing. It is better than having to open up an excel file and put in the yardage for the day.

I've still been updating the Excel file because I'm a nerd and I love all the graphs Mary put in the Excel template!

swimshark
July 8th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I'm actually doing both the flog and the excel file. I like the fact that Mary can see our GTD progress easier now. But I like to see where I am this year compared to last year so I go to the excel file still. I do like adding in my weights time, too, not that it matters much. I haven't added much in the comments sections yet either.

Not sure if this will work, but this is mine http://www.usms.org/myusms/flog/index.php?yearID=2009&monthID=07&dayID=07

KEWebb18
July 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
These days it should be "morals"......

Good point....:)

Bobinator
July 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'm with you knelson, I like the graphs on the excel sheet. It is physical proof of progress!
The flog is fine too, but I can't get the comment area to work. I keep clicking on it but it won't open up. I'd like to write my workout in there if I could.
Are they trying to do away with the blogs?

Chicken of the Sea
July 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm also a super nerd and am using the excel GTD spreadsheet AND flogging AND would also be blogging if I could think of something interesting to write about these days

matysekj
July 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM
The flog is fine too, but I can't get the comment area to work. I keep clicking on it but it won't open up. I'd like to write my workout in there if I could.

The details/comments block requires a recent web browser with JavaScript support enabled. Any of the current versions should work (I have seen that Netscape 7 on Windows 2000 is not working, but all recent versions of IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera are working on Windows XP and Vista and Macs). I also need to update the tool that drives that block to the latest version, so that may solve a temporary browser compatibility issue you may be experiencing. If you have another browser loaded on your computer, you might try that.

Are they trying to do away with the blogs?

No, the blogs and flogs will continue to coexist. You can use your blogs to talk about anything you would like to share with others, not just training info. Of course, you can also share training info there if you like. The blogs are more free-form, and you can do what you want there. The flip side of that is that they don't provide much of a structure for logging and tracking your activities.

The flogs are there to provide you with a way of keeping a private or public log of your activities and other fitness measurements, all of which can be categorized. They also provide a way to automate the GTD data collection instead of relying on a volunteer receiving 950+ emails each month and manually transcribing the info found in them. We have the potential to do a lot with these flogs over time. There are already some totals there, and we'll add more of that along with graphs similar to those found in the Excel spreadsheet for GTD.

I would like to add a "blog this entry" link to flog entries that would work similar to the "blog this post" capability in the forums. That is, it would copy the entry over to a new blog entry. That would allow for some interaction with visitors to your flog. (note also that there is currently no way to view other's flogs - that too is coming soon)

There are a lot of things to add to the flogs, and I'll get to them. This is a busy time of year with nationals coming up, trying to set up and open our new national office, and vacations. Bear with me.

bamueller
July 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I like the flogs. It is motivating me to run and swim consistently. It is nice to see the totals and not have to use excel.

Dominick Aielloeaver
July 8th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I like the flogs fromGTD . It makes it easier to record your work outs what ever they are.:bed::) Dom IN AZ.

swimshark
July 8th, 2009, 04:27 PM
To add to the flogs. I love that you can add more than just swimming in there. :applaud: