PDA

View Full Version : Getting better

jakeman81
July 8th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I'm curious to know how many yds/day it takes to really see a performance increase.

I just took two weeks off, having resumed this past monday. It was a very bad decision performance wise. We have 2-a-days with M/W/F drylands. We usually get anywhere from 10-13k yds/day. Since this week I am only going in the afternoons to get my body back in the groove of swimming, and plan on doing 2-a-days next week... is this a bad/good choice?

I have a meet on August 1st that I want to break a minute in the 100 fly, I swam in a meet a little over a month ago and went a 1:05. How realisticly possible is this goal?

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

-Jake

jakeman81
July 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Bumpty

SKO
July 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
if you're swimming 10-13k per day + doing drylands i'm not sure how much harder you can be working. Dropping 5 seconds in a month is not out of the question, but I wouldnt assume it is something you should expect (unless you just started swimming pretty recently).

I think all you can really do is set goals and prepare the best you can do hit those goals... you're def putting in the time so i would expect a good result. Easing back in seems reasonable after two weeks.

I dunno about minimum yards to improve (prob depends on the person), but i would say minimum 4 sessions per week.. ideally hitting like 5k per session would be near the bare minimum.