PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan out of world swim titles

Paul Smith
July 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Sullivan out of world swim titles
16 hours ago

SYDNEY (AP) Former sprint world record holder Eamon Sullivan has pulled out of the world championships in Rome because of a virus, Swimming Australia said Sunday.

Sullivan withdrew from the Barcelona and Monaco legs of the Mare Nostrum Series last month and then competed at the Paris Open and in Milan. But the 23-year-old Sullivan is still ill and will return to Australia for further diagnosis.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j3R0FxwrSVqlJU3SWwj1C9jWX_VgD99CM2SO0

Even with him out I'm afraid the chances of a US medal in the 50 or 100 are very slim.

And did I hear correctly that the US teams 2nd place miler's time doesn't even make the FINA "A" cut?

tjrpatt
July 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
yeah, the 1500 guys aren't as fast as previous years but is it really that bad? Wow!

knelson
July 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Peter Vanderkaay listed in the psych sheet, but he must have scratched the 1500. Despite the fact he's good in the event, I get the feeling he doesn't really like it. I can't say I blame him. Unfortunately Chad LaTourette didn't make the Worlds team since he swam at WUGs, instead.

el desmadre
July 12th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Its Mellouli vs. Cochrane then... Are there any other 1500 contenders out there?

Sullivan... poor bugger. I hope he gets well.

knelson
July 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Ous has the fastest time this year. Second is a Chinese swimmer: Zhang at 14:47.