PDA

View Full Version : Place to swim in Lexington, KY?

Daniel Slosberg
July 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I'm flying into Lexington on Friday, August 7, and would like to find a place to swim the next morning (i.e. Saturday, Aug. 8). Anyone know if there might be a place to get wet? Pool or lake is okay. Only stipulation is that I need to be in Millersburg by about 9:30 a.m.

Thanks,

-Daniel Slosberg

SwimRobin
July 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I am sorry to say there may not be many choices for you at this time of the year. Wildcat Masters swim at the University of Kentucky Lancaster Aquatic Center, but it is closed every year during the month of August. The outdoor city pools that remain open late in the summer will not open until 11:00 am. If you are a member of the YMCA, you may want to check into swimming at one of the locations in Lexington. I think the YMCAs open fairly early in the morning. There are three YMCA branches in Lexington - downtown on High Street (4 lap lanes), North Lexington Family branch on W. Loudon Ave. and Beaumont Centre Family YMCA just off of Harrodsburg Road. If you get in early enough on Friday evening, you may want to look into swimming at one of the city pools - Tates Creek or Shillito Pools.

Daniel Slosberg
July 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks -- I'll check into the Y pools.

-Daniel

Daniel Slosberg
July 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Turns out I had to change my flight to get in a bit earlier, so I'll try Shillito. Thanks again for the help.

-Daniel