PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Resturants in Downtown Indy

Bobinator
July 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I've heard a few people ask for good places to eat in downtown Indy. I normally only go downtown if I'm looking for a great meal. I consider these places fairly expensive, but well worth the money.

#1 "Palamino": Greatest crab/artichoke dip I've ever had. Good salmon, pizza, and salads! This is below the circle center mall, street level.
#2 "Bugg's Temple" A 3 level resturant. I have only dined on the 3rd level (most formal). I recently had Copper River Wild Salmon on sauteed cabbage and assorted root vegetables; it was to die for! The desserts were wonderful too.(the apple strudel was divine) Great atmosphere too. I can get you the address if you want it but I don't know it off the top of my head.
#3"The Oceanaire" A first class fish and seafood joint. Expensive but worth it! Of course I love their salmon! The crab cakes are my #1 and I've had some great dover sole there too. I am a bread lover and their sourdough is good!
#4 "McCormicks and Schmicks" Even though this is a chain it's really great for fish and margarita's!
#5 I am going to throw "St Elmo's" in for steak lovers. This place is an Indy institution for meat lovers. They have powerful cocktails here too.
All of these resturants are within walking distance of the downtown hotels.
See me if you need directions. Add to this list if you know of any good places cause I'm sure I have left some off.

ALM
July 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Do you know of any inexpensive places downtown? I prefer a "hole-in-the-wall" place with good food over a fancy place any day.

Any good ethnic restaurants downtown?

Muppet
July 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I too would like some other less $ suggestions. I'm trying to woo this girl who's also going out to Indy for this meet and it'd be sweet to score a date while we're out there. :angel: "They" say that the way to a girl's heart is through her stomach... or at least that's what I'm told.

My family went to St. Elmo's about 13 years ago and none of us were impressed with anything except for the shrimp cocktails. My own taste buds were immature at that point (and it was a long time ago), so whoever wants a steak, take that for what it's worth.

Bobinator
July 29th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Do you know of any inexpensive places downtown? I prefer a "hole-in-the-wall" place with good food over a fancy place any day.

Any good ethnic restaurants downtown?

Let me think on that for a while. I will get back.
I agree with the St. Elmo's comment although steak is not my thing at all.

Atlantic
July 29th, 2009, 10:24 AM
You can't go wrong by taking a group of people to Buca de Beppo's - great for carbo-loading! It's near Old Navy (Circle Center mall) downtown - there is also a parking garage right next to Buca's if you are driving around.

pwb
July 29th, 2009, 10:36 AM
@ Harry & Izzy's, a sister restaurant to St. Elmo's, you can get the rocking shrimp cocktail from Elmo's and then have a broader menu from there.

I, too, like Palomino's.

Anyone looking for a pint of Guinness should head to Claddagh Irish Pub, near the Omni hotel downtown.

There's also a decent enough (for the midwest) sushi/Japanese restaurant downtown, but I think it's a chain and probably won't satisfy any serious sushi fans.