PDA

View Full Version : Which men's suit do you prefer?

2fish&1whale
July 28th, 2009, 01:56 PM
With the current FINA ruling men's suits will go back to jammer's, but if you had a choice what would you prefer the new rule be?

Jazz Hands
July 28th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I think there should be nothing below the hip or above the waist.

tjrpatt
July 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I really prefer the brief but I got used to the jammers for competition. Since I tried on my first legs, I really like how they feel on me. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. I guess that I won't know how the full body suit feels when we go back to "real swimming" again.

2fish&1whale
July 28th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I think there should be nothing below the hip or above the waist.
Well, that's a whole different kinda suit you would be wearing then:D.

Midas
July 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I think I'll prefer the brief to the jammer for racing, but that wasn't a choice. Once you can't have rubber suits any more, I think less is the way to go. Breaststroke feels restricting in my FS Pro jammers...

Dolphin 2
July 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
The list of options didn't include a "Birthday Suit".

Can I use that as a "Write in Candidate"? :bolt:

Dolphin 2

SLOmmafan
July 28th, 2009, 05:12 PM
So, if we are going all the way back to wearing jammer's only, do any of the records set within the past 8 years really have the same merit as those from the earlier time period? What about high school level competitions where numerous records have been set in different tech-style suits? My guess is that a lot of records from the time period of 2004-2009 will stand for the foreseeable future.

thewookiee
July 28th, 2009, 05:58 PM
From the options, I like the shoulder to knee suits. 1) Don't have to shave. 2) Personally, I am more comfortable racing with my upper torso/back covered.

pwb
July 28th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Here's the natural extension of FINA's rationale that these suits -- beyond jammers -- are a speed enhancer --

no caps ...
no goggles ...
while we're at it, take those lane lines off the bottom of the pool ...
oh, and remove those turbulence reducing lane lines ...
and while we're at it, who needs the cross on the end of the pool ...
... or any suits at all.
Naked open water swimming, that's where we're headed. Line up HBO/Showtime or Playboy/Playgirl channel for the TV sponsorship as NBC's walking away.

oldmanmiler
July 29th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I swim THE MILE in an old FULLBODY (hands to ankles) Fastskin II,I LOVE them(breastroke too)
I just don't ever want to shave my arms or legs.
As far as records...take away the suits-take away the records.Ban materials-not suits.
Last thing I or anyone else wants to see is a bunch of old geezers in Speedo's.
I don't care if you are in good shape or not!

Ban the Banana Hammock!

knelson
July 29th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Last thing I or anyone else wants to see is a bunch of old geezers in Speedo's.
I don't care if you are in good shape or not!

Ban the Banana Hammock!

It's a sport, not a fashion show. Wrestling singlets ain't exactly attractive either, but they serve their purpose.

thewookiee
July 29th, 2009, 01:07 PM
It's a sport, not a fashion show. Wrestling singlets ain't exactly attractive either, but they serve their purpose.

Even amauter wrestlers singlets cover upper body to knees...and they are for modesty only...right?

Zurn
July 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I'd take a brief myself. I've only been out of swimming for 12 years or so and the in thing when I was swimming was the old "paper suit." What ever happened to those? I did have to purchase a pair of Jammers for a meet a few weeks ago and they seem to fit and work just fine. And they do help to cover some of the fat I have acquired on my legs…

knelson
July 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Even amauter wrestlers singlets cover upper body to knees...and they are for modesty only...right?

I have a feeling if briefs were used in wrestling we'd be seeing a lot of accidental moonings. Wrestling singlets are designed the way they are so they don't get pulled off during a match.

thewookiee
July 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I have a feeling if briefs were used in wrestling we'd be seeing a lot of accidental moonings. Wrestling singlets are designed the way they are so they don't get pulled off during a match.

Still, they are there for supposedly modesty purposes too...no more than what a swimsuit is suppose to be there for as well....right?

And I would be willing to bet that wrestlers have never thought of using their opponents singlets for advantages too...

There is nothing wrong with a swimsuit covering the upperbody...esp. if the materials used are regulated.

tygrr94
July 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Well, that's a whole different kinda suit you would be wearing then:D.

LOL!!

tygrr94
July 29th, 2009, 10:39 PM
The poll didn't list Borat's mankini...

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5862972,00.jpg