PDA

View Full Version : Change of Meet suit?

waves101
July 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
With all the FINA/tech-suit hoopla, have you changed your planned meet suit?

That Guy
July 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
My backup suit is an old Aquablade jammer. Once the rules change, I will switch back to it. Until then, I will continue to use my Tyr Tracer Light leggings, which are textile but will be too long for the new rules.

jim clemmons
July 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I plan on swimming as many meets as possible in my B70's until they (if ever) make up their flippin minds. At the rate they're going, we may all be long gone before that ever occurs.

That Guy
July 30th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I will also put off buying a new suit for as long as possible. I'd hate to buy a new suit and then have the rules change on me (again).

Muppet
July 31st, 2009, 10:12 AM
I've got a fs2 and fspro legs i bought in '07 that are just about at the end of their lives and will be wearing them out in Indy.
Nevertheless, I had purchased a fs1 jammer earlier this year and wore for a few races this spring where I swam some really fast times.
I will miss not having the full legs, but I am fully confident that I can swim just as fast/faster in a speedo (lifetime best SCM times from IGLA Champs 2008).

Donna
July 31st, 2009, 06:06 PM
I plan to use my long Aquapel and AquaShift while I still can. Then I will switch to my knee skins which I bought on sale for $12.

RobbieD
July 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM
I'm going to keep getting my money's worth out of my Tracer Light... I'm almost 40 races deep in it already! I'm probably going to hold off on buying anything new for a while though.

waves101
August 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Ok, so I bought a B70 Nero Comp but was contemplating sending it back due to the obsolesence come January. But then, ...
I swam in it in practice Saturday just to see if I thought I'd like it for Nationals. Based on how I felt Saturday, my new plan is to swim as many meets as possible until Jan. 1. Anybody proposing a last chance meet on Dec. 31st???

ande
August 3rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
If I were swimming in LCM nationals this week I'd wear a B70 & have a B70 back up.

Looks like the B70, Arena & Jaked were the suits of choice at the 2009 Worlds. I'm not sure if FINA is going to have masters follow the new suit rules.

Here's a few tips I wrote:

Tip 201 Which Suit Suits you? More info On Racing Suits

Tip 214 Even More On Racing Suits

Tip 247 Get your Gear When Meets Draw Near

FINA approves proposal to ban advanced swimsuits in 2010 (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2009-07-28-swimming-suits-ban_N.htm)

NCAA also placing limits on high-tech suits (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h2aDEIYvbrtL_c58IOBbi22plh1QD99O94Q00)

My plan is to wear B70 until I hear that they are banned for masters swimmers. I'm not sure if they will be.

Masters could absorb the excess inventory of these suits.

if FINA properly enforced their own rule,
rule .10 in the 102.10 DISQUALIFICATIONS section of the Usa Swimming Mini Rule book (http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/_Rainbow/Documents/d4ec65b7-f329-4f4b-abc7-9bb76b6f3f95/2008%20Mini-rulebook.pdf) they would have never allowed suits to have more fabric than what is necessary for decency.

102.10 DISQUALIFICATIONS

.10 No swimmer is permitted to wear or use any device or substance to help his/her speed, pace or buoyancy during a race. Goggles may be worn, and rubdown oil applied if not considered excessive by the Referee.

shipleywm
August 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
A great small business idea: Someone handy with a needle and thread should advertise to take any male's full-body suit or leg suit and convert it to a jammer. Any thoughts on this?

thewookiee
August 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
A great small business idea: Someone handy with a needle and thread should advertise to take any male's full-body suit or leg suit and convert it to a jammer. Any thoughts on this?

If FINA applies the suit rules to masters swimming, then it would make the B70,Jaked, Arena full body suits illegal due to the material used in construction.

If that's the case, then it would make jammers made out of these suits illegal as well.

If they don't apply the rules, go for it.

orca1946
August 4th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Well NCAA just made their minds up . Starting in Sept men - jammers & women - 1 piece -to the hip.. They made the choice faster that FINA !

SLOmmafan
August 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Should be easy enough for me - raced in a Speedo breif this last past weekend at SPMA Regional's.

Perhaps I can start catching a few of you B70 suited swimmers come 2010:)!

orca1946
August 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Our team jammers just became more useful !