PDA

View Full Version : Another firm stand by FINA...

meldyck
July 31st, 2009, 08:20 AM
...as reported in this news item from the AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090731/ap_on_sp_ot/swm_worlds_swimsuit_chaos_1

thewookiee
July 31st, 2009, 09:09 AM
...as reported in this news item from the AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090731/ap_on_sp_ot/swm_worlds_swimsuit_chaos_1

Bowman sounds like the little kid that didn't ge what he wanted at recess. "I am going to take my phelps doll home with me, unless you do it my way because no one in the world should be allowed to beat him or be close to him in any race. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

stillwater
July 31st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Bowman sounds like a coach who cares about his swimmer. He also sounds like a coach who feels that the suits are changing a sport he loves in a negative way.

But I guess you know more than him.

thewookiee
July 31st, 2009, 09:30 AM
Bowman sounds like a coach who cares about his swimmer. He also sounds like a coach who feels that the suits are changing a sport he loves in a negative way.

There are those that would like to keep bodysuits, either B70 or the suits that are like the FS Pro(permeable) have other reasons to want to keep them than using them to swim fast...they are more personal reasons besides just seeing the time up on the board.

I am a swimmer that loves the sport of swimming more than any other sport. I feel body suits of either the 2000, 2004, 2007 or now are a positive for the sport.

I am entitled to my opinion on the comments Bowman makes about keeping phelps out of racing. He does sound like the little kid who doesn't get what he wants, so he takes his toy and leaves.

If you don't like my opinions...tough.

Redbird Alum
July 31st, 2009, 09:37 AM
And now... back to the article...

Note that this is a quote from "an informed source that wishes to remain anonymous" which means someone is floating the information to see how the swimming world reacts prior to the actual announcementy by FINA.

There is more flopping around here than the flying catfish that accidentally landed in the bottom of my fishing boat!

aquageek
July 31st, 2009, 09:46 AM

Bologna - then why didn't he and Schubert take that stand last Summer? Why only now when his swimmer's supremacy is in doubt? Can't have it both ways depending on the results. That's what is called hypocrisy.

pwolf66
July 31st, 2009, 10:05 AM

Viewed one way, yes that's true but one question really lingers in my mind:

Where was all of his angst when the LZR came out?