That Guy
July 31st, 2009, 01:35 PM
argh!

Atlantic
July 31st, 2009, 01:37 PM
.01!!! AGAIN!

knelson
July 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
Gyurta really snuck in there. I thought it was between Shanteau and the guy in lane 2.

tjrpatt
July 31st, 2009, 01:48 PM
Gyurta really snuck in there. I thought it was between Shanteau and the guy in lane 2.

Gyurta snuck in there for the silver in Athens over Hansen. Gyurta is a big boy now!!!! Why would you glide in when Omega reads the force of the touch than the actual touch based on what happened in Beijing in the 100 fly.

JoeBob
July 31st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Oh man, that was one costly glide. Well, there's always 2011 and 2012.

Atlantic
July 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
He looked really ticked off after the swim and on the medals stand.

knelson
July 31st, 2009, 01:59 PM
Why would you glide in when Omega reads the force of the touch than the actual touch based on what happened in Beijing in the 100 fly.

Not sure what you're talking about here. Phelps touched first both according to the pad and by photographic evidence. I think you've been listening to Mike Cavic too much :) These guys are applying plenty of pressure at the finish to activate the pad whether they're gliding in or not.

tjrpatt
July 31st, 2009, 02:06 PM
Not sure what you're talking about here. Phelps touched first both according to the pad and by photographic evidence. I think you've been listening to Mike Cavic too much :) These guys are applying plenty of pressure at the finish to activate the pad whether they're gliding in or not.

I guess that I mean when it is close like the 200 breast and Beijing's 100 fly, gliding is not the answer. Take that half stroke or you will be touch out for first. Of course, Shanteau will take that loss like a man's He probably understands that he messed up.