Lump
August 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Give them a few "fun" sets that'll shut them up. :afraid:

orca1946
August 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Ande, is this going where you wanted it to ??:afraid:

tjrpatt
August 2nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
I get happy and joyous during a taper. I don't get this bitchies thing at all. Could this be regulated to sprinters? Do other distance swimmers get the bitchies?

The Fortress
August 2nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
what are they?
symptoms

How do you get rid of them?

Symptoms:

increased swearing
pissed off over small insignificant things
munchies
obsession over things like timelines and f'in early warm ups
hypochondriasis
wanting to vaporize young children who come near your lane
picking on Clydesdale

Ridding oneself of them:

Nearly impossible, but one can try:

kicking kids out of the house
retail therapy
a good bitch session with someone similarly afflicted
more sleep
pasta
picking on Clydesdale

onefish
August 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Just any ol' Clydesdale?

Gawd, I hate stereotypes, time for a snack.

[good luck to all at Indy, wish I was there...]

The Fortress
August 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Just any ol' Clydesdale?

No, doesn't have to be Pablo, any old stereotypical Clydesdale will do.

I myself was just subjected to a vicious taper-induced personal attack on FB b/c someone is a poor loser in wordscraper ... I might have to gloat. But first I need to eat more. I just had a snack and I'm still f'in starving.

poolraat
August 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
I myself was just subjected to a vicious taper-induced personal attack on FB b/c someone is a poor loser in wordscraper ... I might have to gloat. But first I need to eat more. I just had a snack and I'm still f'in starving.

Gloat all you want. As long as I can look at your avatar the bitchies go away. (inserts DOM smiley)

Donna
August 2nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
I just got to get my head in the game. Can't wait until I can get to Indy and forget about work for a while. Believe me I won't remember work at all for 6 glorious days of swimming!

My taper is weird this time and I am not sure of things this time around. I find the pressures tend to ruin the feel of a great taper.

FridayGrrl
August 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
My taper bitchie: Cranky 'cause I tapered when I didn't really have anything to taper from. Started a new job and missed a lot of swimming late spring and early summer. This is also known as "lining up my excuses." (Hey at least I admit it):drown:

The Fortress
August 2nd, 2009, 09:28 PM
My taper bitchie: Cranky 'cause I tapered when I didn't really have anything to taper from. Started a new job and missed a lot of swimming late spring and early summer. This is also known as "lining up my excuses." (Hey at least I admit it):drown:

Pre-excusing is another common symptom of taper bitchies. Hulk and Thornton are experts at this one.

meldyck
August 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
picking on Clydesdale

Um, you really shouldn't pick on someone who has English as a second language.

mattson
August 3rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Taper bitchies remind me of depression.
(Yes, my brain works differently than most people. :drool: )

Severely depressed people often do not have the energy to harm themselves, but it is when their depression lifts and they gain increased energy that they may be more likely to attempt suicide.

Not saying that there will be taper suicides, although I do know one person who almost broke their leg during taper time (jumping over a creek). What we got is people with a lot more energy from their taper :bouncing: , but still feeling grumpy from the months of training beforehand :badday: . The only thing to do is to remind the swimmer not to use this excess energy until they get to the meet. (Burning off that energy is likely to compromise the taper.)