PDA

View Full Version : With floswimming down (& out??) ...

pwb
August 4th, 2009, 06:25 PM
... what's needed for the web-swimming community?

There doesn't seem to be a singular site that has captured the imagination and eyeballs of the web swimming community. IMHO ...

Floswimming appears to have died with the sacking of Garrett ...
SwimmingWorld's web page is cluttered and not user-friendly ...
Swimnetwork seems to have gotten some things right, but their video-feeds are not as crisp as UniversalSports, but
UniversalSports seems to only draw interest during an actual event
USMS certainly has a great level of activity amongst the forum-lovers,
USAswimming.org appears to be informational only and not very interactive

What does the ultimate swim site need to have to draw one and all -- elites, age group, masters, global, local, ....?

pwolf66
August 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Check out www.swimpulse.net , it's still in infancy but it's run by Garrett so I'm sure it's gonna be good.

pwb
August 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Check out www.swimpulse.net (http://www.swimpulse.net) , it's still in infancy but it's run by Garrett so I'm sure it's gonna be good.

excellent! Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of this. I hope it's successful. I'd love to see a "google" for the "goggle set" containing all things swimming, a streamlined, yet complete site.

ced357
August 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Garret was sacked from floswimming? Why? Bad move, he was perfect for the site.

RobbieD
August 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
There doesn't seem to be a singular site that has captured the imagination and eyeballs of the web swimming community.

I think that's part of the charm of the swim community on the web, it's a little bit of everywhere. There are the sites you talked about but there is also a lot of action in places like Facebook, various swim blogs, GoSwim.tv, etc. It might be harder to keep track of since it's not all in one place, but I think it makes it more interesting because there are so many unique voices out there.