PDA

View Full Version : Some Barriers to be broken before 2010 ...

ehoch
August 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
There still some meets left before the end of the year -- short-course Nationals (Yards) and European Short-course (Meters) ---

I am sure we will see plenty of records - but are some of the barriers that may go ... I am thinking Biedermann should be able to break 1:40 in the 200 Free ... somebody may approach 1:30 in yards ... Pelligrini sub 1:50 in the 200 Free ....

knelson
August 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
... Pelligrini sub 1:50 in the 200 Free ....

That would be a heck of a swim. I really think to be sub 1:50 she'd need to be faster than she was in Rome, and that was fast!

KeithM
August 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Some prominent athletes may skip those events but I agree more records are going to take a beating before the year is out.

Liesel Jones has been swimming solid times in the summer and it was rumored she had second thoughts about her decision to pull out of worlds early in the year. But she had already committed to opted out. I wouldn't be surprised to see her set some records before year's end.

ehoch
August 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM
The Aussies are swimming their short-course nationals this coming weekend - I believe Jones is swimming.

I think Pelligrini has a shot at sub 1:50 - it should be about a 3 second difference -- maybe more with the suits underwater.

Not sure the 200 Breast is possible, but could anybody break 2:00 in scm ? Moses went 2:02 high ...

ande
August 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
USS needs to host a last chance WR meet
SCM in the morning
LCM at night