PDA

View Full Version : What was the best race at worlds?

rtodd
August 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Alot of people will say the men's 100 fly but I say it was the men's 200 breast. Universal Sports did not have the men's 200 breast as a choice. So I was wondering,

What say you?

Allen Stark
August 6th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Alot of people will say the men's 100 fly but I say it was the men's 200 breast. Universal Sports did not have the men's 200 breast as a choice. So I was wondering,

What say you?
Good choice,but I liked the Mens 400 Free Relay.

Swimmy83843
August 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I thought the mens 1500 was great. What a great example of how to swim fast with "little" effort. Excellent 6-beat kick the entire way. Awsome finish. I also like the Mens 200 Free. Beiderman swam a fantastic race.

3strokes
August 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I thought the mens 1500 was great. What a great example of how to swim fast with "little" effort. Excellent 6-beat kick the entire way. Awsome finish. I also like the Mens 200 Free. Beiderman swam a fantastic race.

I really like watching the 1500 but I do so hate it when they tell the viewing audience (presumably not a single swimmer or swimming fan is watching and 100% of the audience is waiting breathlessly for any interruption), "This race takes a while so we'll break off now for some commercials and resume our show near the end of the race." Duh? So we get to see the first 300 or so when everybody's swimming in an almost straight line, then after the commercials, we get to see two or three swimmers swimming more or less alone and we have no idea who moved at what juncture and who blew it and who took a bathroom break and who stopped for a photoshoot and who...............

Next thing you (we) know they'll be interrupting the 400m (because it takes many minutes (more than one, more than two and we can even assure you that in almost 100% of the time it takes more than three, count'em, one, two, threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee minutes), then the 200 (because it's longer than a minute and a minute is two commercials) and for the 100m they'll show the start up to the 15m mark, then tell us "They're going to go all the way to the other end of the pool where they'll turn and come back; so, we'll just wait for them here at the finish and until they arrive, here's a quick word from your local station. 20 seconds and we're back."

rtodd
August 8th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Good, so it's not just me who is frustrated by too many commercials!

orca1946
August 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I love to see relays.

3strokes
August 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Good, so it's not just me who is frustrated by too many commercials!

I wouldn't mind commercials if they "showed" entire races with eons of commercials in between events. What I do mind is their censorship; (Royal) WE have decided to show you ONLY the 1st 300m or so and the last 250m or so, BECAUSE IT'S A LONG RACE AND TAKES TOO LONG TO DO.

I (personal I) would even accept the 1st 300m of the 1500, then commercials, then another 500m then commercials then 400m then commercials then the last 300m. I tape all these shows anyway and then re-tape them cutting commercials out. Yes the quality degrades but I have whole races, whole meets without commercials.

Swimmy83843
August 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't mind commercials if they "showed" entire races with eons of commercials in between events. What I do mind is their censorship; (Royal) WE have decided to show you ONLY the 1st 300m or so and the last 250m or so, BECAUSE IT'S A LONG RACE AND TAKES TOO LONG TO DO.

I (personal I) would even accept the 1st 300m of the 1500, then commercials, then another 500m then commercials then 400m then commercials then the last 300m. I tape all these shows anyway and then re-tape them cutting commercials out. Yes the quality degrades but I have whole races, whole meets without commercials.

I would agree with that. It's not like we are seeing it live, after all it's "Only Swimming".