PDA

View Full Version : Jacked and Arena-I wonder how many being worn at Nats.

Robert Strand
August 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
At some point maybe someone can check in with some info on that EOM

Allen Stark
August 6th, 2009, 09:02 PM
The only Jaked I saw was Fort's.I haven't seen any Arena's.Since you are in the same area do you know why Hubie wasn't in the 100 BR?(I won by over 7 sec,nice to win but I missed you guys-though you at least have a good excuse-take care.)I got a Jaked before Nats,but it tore the 2nd time I tried it on and it never got wet.

Chris Stevenson
August 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I saw someone (I forget who) wear a Jaked in the men's 200 free.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
August 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
INDY is full of B70s and LZRs. Swimmers taking advantage of the vendors selling them all at huge discounts upstairs from the pool.

FINIS has a new suit out too.

You know how happy masters swimmers get when they hit a great sale - these tech suits are now the grab bag suits!

Robert Strand
August 6th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Hubie broke his leg in a stunt accident. He and his family have been in the Hollywood movie stunt business for a long time. A car zigged and Hubie zagged.

tjrpatt
August 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I really haven't seen any Arena's or Jaked's yet. But, alot of people have the new Pink and Silver BlueSeventy. One swimmer said that she just brought back her old b-70 and got the pink one for no charge. They do look really nice. Masters seems all about the B-70s. I am still looking for a glide though.

Chris Stevenson
August 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I really haven't seen any Arena's or Jaked's yet.

Saw at least two more Jakeds today. But B70s and LZRs predominate for sure; I'd estimate 80% wear one or the other.

Spock
August 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM
One X-Glide today. But talked to the swimmer and he got it for FREE at worlds. Apparently Speedo took over the main buying area forcing all the other companies outside with little/no foot traffic. The other companies were so ticked off they packed up. My friend walks up and asks if he can try an X-Glide and they just give him one!

Right place at the right time.

swimcat
August 7th, 2009, 08:43 PM
wow, the suit everybody wants. x-glide. pretty and no zipper. i heard they weren't available to the public. your friend was lucky.:)

Spock
August 8th, 2009, 12:14 AM
It does have a zipper, actually. But my friend said putting it on was like putting on an innertube!

Muppet
August 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
i've only seen 3 jakeds. fort, and 2 dudes
no x's
nice to see folks sporting old skool suits molliewhomping some of the b70/lzr peeps

tjrpatt
August 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM
wow, the suit everybody wants. x-glide. pretty and no zipper. i heard they weren't available to the public. your friend was lucky.:)

How do you get that sucker on if there is no zipper. They do look nice and no one has gone butt-open with the glide.

swimcat
August 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM
soni's didnt have a zipper. maybe there are 2 styles.

jim clemmons
August 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Hubie broke his leg in a stunt accident. He and his family have been in the Hollywood movie stunt business for a long time. A car zigged and Hubie zagged.

Wow, how's the car? Bet Hubie did as much damage to it as it did to him.

Say hello for me.

The Fortress
August 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
i've only seen 3 jakeds. fort, and 2 dudes
no x's
nice to see folks sporting old skool suits molliewhomping some of the b70/lzr peeps

I only wore mine on Thursday. Didn't like it for backstroke and have worn my B70 since. I had a horrible start in it right after Chris' DQ. Will try it again today on 50 free. But I just feel most comfortable in B70.

It's exhausting to get on. I actually bribed my kid to try it on for me first and stretch it out a bit so I didn't have a 45 minute ordeal. Still took 20 minutes on Thursday.

There have been a ton of B70 blow outs ... Don't know what the issue is ... If people are getting them too small or not getting them high enough up on the backside ...

KEWebb18
August 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
There have been a ton of B70 blow outs ... Don't know what the issue is ... If people are getting them too small or not getting them high enough up on the backside ...

Does the buyback program still work if there is a blowout?

knelson
August 9th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Does the buyback program still work if there is a blowout?

No, they have a special "cash for clunkers" deal for that.

Yes, I'm kidding. :)

tjrpatt
August 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
No, they have a special "cash for clunkers" deal for that.

Yes, I'm kidding. :)

I know several people that traded in their old B-70 for the Silver or Pink Design, at no extra cost. OMG, I actually saw a Glide today but they weren't selling them at the meet that I noticed.

Bobinator
August 9th, 2009, 05:10 PM
My bs nero (as well as another girl's) got runners in the butt part. We took them to the bs booth and they traded for the pink ones. Both of the faulty butt suits were brand new and never before worn.
I like the way bs stands behind their product. I will support their company in the future. :agree:

Ahelee Sue Osborn
August 9th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I know several people that traded in their old B-70 for the Silver or Pink Design, at no extra cost. OMG, I actually saw a Glide today but they weren't selling them at the meet that I noticed.

Ha Ha - I tried to "sweetly" ask about this at the BlueSeventy booth this morning and got totally shut down!

I've been wearing my B70 in every race since our SPMA SC Regionals last April. Been taking extra good care of it too - especially since I paid full price for it.
I think the suit has held up really well.

I bought a size 28 - I'm 5-10, 143lbs. It isn't hard to get on at all and I can't tell if it is "stretched out".

But the fact is I am STILL no where CLOSE to the sprint times Fort has pulled off here in INDY!
But I think that has much more to do with all her dryland and sprint w/finz training than her JAKED or B70.
I plan to go back and take a 2nd look at her blog from the past 6 months!

So impressed with our small Fortress' POWER!

patrick
August 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ozzie O. wore a Jaked--Men's 30-34 100 Fly, :54.98. Kevin Doak went old school in every event--raced in a brief.

BigNoodler
August 11th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Kevin Doak went old school in every event--raced in a brief.

Now that is inspirational. I will try and follow "suit."

The Fortress
August 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Now that is inspirational.

While I think Kevin Doak is smokin' fast and that is cool, I find nothing at all inspirational about his wearing a brief at Nats. Nada.

orca1946
August 11th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I can't wait for the new tech jammers ?!

FlyQueen
August 11th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I actually blew the butt outta my brand new B70 the first time I got it on. I was in the right size, too. They told me they had to trade out black for black but were out of my size in all black which is why I scored the pink one. Last day I got a little hole in the booty ... what can you do?