PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Hardy 1:04.45 100 Breast WR

That Guy
August 7th, 2009, 09:49 PM
http://omegatiming.com/swimming/racearchives/2009/USOpen/C73A1_Res1Heat_122_Finals_1_Women_100_Breast.pdf

I wonder if this will count.

ehoch
August 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
2 WR in one race ... the 50 as well

I think she is motivated ... I would put my money on her to win the 100 Breast in the next 3 years

knelson
August 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Awesome swim by the second place girl, Freeman, too!

Isn't Hardy sort of still suspended?

Allen Stark
August 8th, 2009, 07:56 PM
OK,the question everyone has-What suit was she wearing?

Peter Cruise
August 8th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I think it was a lawsuit...

ViveBene
August 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
OK,the question everyone has-What suit was she wearing?

Various online sources say it was a Jaked.

rtodd
August 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hardy wore a Jaked suit. It and other record-breaking polyurethane bodysuits will be banned by swimming’s world governing body on Jan. 1.

The eight finalists in the men’s 200 individual medley made a fashion statement by competing in briefs rather than the high-tech suits that have dominated the sport in the last year.

The swimmers received a standing ovation when they paraded on deck for the start of the race.

“Some of the us were joking around about wearing briefs if we made finals,” said Jack Brown, who won in 2 minutes, 2:13 seconds. “It was just something fun we did to end the meet and the summer season. I think the last time I wore a brief in a meet was when I was 12 years old, but it was definitely worth it.”

From Universal Sports site.

What's interesting is that the men stood in solidarity in briefs for the 200IM.

Knightswimmer2
August 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
2 WR in one race ... the 50 as well

I think she is motivated ... I would put my money on her to win the 100 Breast in the next 3 years

I was under the impression that she was banned from the 2012 games by rule of the IOC. I remember reading that somewhere, Ill have to double check that. I guess it all depends on what happens with the lawsuits and appeals that are going on right now.