PDA

View Full Version : SPEEDOS BANNED and BIKINI LINE WAXING FOR MEN

GGS5T
August 11th, 2009, 07:33 AM
If you come to swim in the UK, leave your Speedos at home - and get your bikini line sorted.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2009/08/11/alton-towers-bans-speedos-92746-24369417/

geochuck
August 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM
That is the reason I don't go there to swim.

Ripple
August 11th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Why would anyone need a bikini line wax job to wear board shorts?

scyfreestyler
August 11th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Why would anyone need a bikini line wax job to wear board shorts?

Did you see Thornton's latest blog? Even with board shorts, he might have some issues.

Dolphin 2
August 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Where in the Hell did the objection to men wearing speedos and women wearing bikinis at public pools and water parks come from? :confused:

I remember they were very common before the late 1990s however some "Moral Majority" and "Family Values" types started aggressively promoting the idea that wearing them in public were some how sinful and immodest. As a result of this illusory campaign, now men are expected to swim in "Boardies" which amount to pajama pants. :bitching:

As a counter protest, I'd like to organize a "Speedofest" and a "Bikininfest" where 100s of 1000s of men and women across the country (and the entire world) go to a pool, water park, or the beach in skimpy swimwear. :bliss:

Dolphin 2

geochuck
August 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
It is modesty, modesty, they want in that little town in England. I will still try and wear my briefs if I went there. It reminds me of the laws we had years ago. No one was allowed to wear shorts downtown.

Where in the Hell did the objection to men wearing speedos and women wearing bikinis at public pools and water parks come from? :confused:

I remember they were very common before the late 1990s however some "Moral Majority" and "Family Values" types started aggressively promoting the idea that wearing them in public were some how sinful and immodest. As a result of this illusory campaign, now men are expected to swim in "Boardies" which amount to pajama pants. :bitching:

As a counter protest, I'd like to organize a "Speedofest" and a "Bikininfest" where 100s of 1000s of men and women across the country (and the entire world) go to a pool, water park, or the beach in skimpy swimwear. :bliss:

Dolphin 2

knelson
August 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM
How much you wanna bet bikinis on women are perfectly acceptable at the same water park?

Dolphin 2
August 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
How much you wanna bet bikinis on women are perfectly acceptable at the same water park?

On that observation, I definitely recall seeing a few newspaper and catalog ads for swimwear that show a man in boardies, but the woman is in a bikini.
My immediate question was "What's wrong with this picture?" :confused:

Looks to me like we're experiencing a rash of overt "Reverse Sexism".

Dolphin 2

orca1946
August 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Long "shorts" is a misnomer !I think some guys think this is bragging ?

aquageek
August 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Looks to me like we're experiencing a rash of overt "Reverse Sexism".

Your posts give me a rash.

mctrusty
August 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM

Dolphin 2

I don't at all recall this "very common" public event.

Just so we pin down your opinion exactly: do you think that the only form of swimwear acceptable for men is a brief? You really seem to take issue with any other form of swimwear.

Are you White Speedo Guy?

Allen Stark
August 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM

Dolphin 2

I can't believe I am going to agree with D2 but he has a point.In the 70s Speedos were fairly common at water parks.Also look at the pro basketball shorts of the time,they were little longer than Speedos.I'm not saying this is right or wrong or anything more than a change of fashion,it is just an interesting change.Why is a bikini on a woman more appropriate than a brief on a man? Why is a jammer more modest than a brief? To see how ideas have changed check out the NSR thread on swimming in pools in the nude,which was a common practice for men and boys until the 70s.

chaos
August 11th, 2009, 11:55 PM
this is a country that sports topless women on page 3 of their newspapers.... oh the irony

but i might visit just for the mandatory waxing

DPC
August 12th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe I lost a few more memory cells that I realize, but I don't recall speedo briefs being common at the beach or pools in the late 70's, 80's or 90's - I don't care what the fashion trend was. Basically you wore briefs for practice and meets, you wore cut -offs or other shorts to the beach and in public pools. Maybe smaller kids wore them and the odd older gent, but after about age 8 or 10 we always wore cut-off jeans. I'm sure my parents bought us "swim trunks" the equivalent of a drag suit in shape and style, I don't recall wearing one- at least not in public. "Speedos" back then, IIR, were what Spitz wore or were the butt of the joke (pun intended) of that fat, hairy "old" guy at the beach.

And FWIW, I don't see that jammers are much better than a brief for "modesty".

geochuck
August 12th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Every one I knew wore briefs to the beach or the pools. The briefs were from belly button down. Until 1954 I wore Jansens and we made the change to Japanese pure silk and speedos. As time went on the briefs did become smaller.

Chicken of the Sea
August 12th, 2009, 12:00 PM
That's a tragedy.
There's nothing as becoming as an Englishman in a budgie smuggler

http://budgysmuggler.com.au/index.asp

Novaova
August 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I think it was this guy who ruined it all for everyone:

(http://forums.usms.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1644&d=1250098962)

smontanaro
August 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Maybe I lost a few more memory cells that I realize, but I don't recall speedo briefs being common at the beach or pools in the late 70's, 80's or 90's...

I was a kid in the late 50's-late 60's. I grew up in California with a pool
in the backyard, so I wasn't at public pools or beaches very much in my pre-teen years. I do remember we were in speedo-ish suits and not much else (no shirts or shoes) pretty much all summer long.

Skip

orca1946
August 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
What do jammers do that speedo's don't ?

nkfrench
August 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
What do jammers do that speedo's don't ? It depends on how loose the brief is and how faded out/stretched the fabric is. Briefs also are commonly patterned (camouflage) where most jammers just have a side inset of patterned fabric. Jammers are usually worn tight which can silhouette the contours.

I don't think there were as many old fat hairy guys at the pool when I was growing up. There were few overweight people in general back then. Briefs (not usually a racing suit, more like a drag suit) were the normal men's suit in my recollection of the 60's/early 70's. Anybody swimming in cut-offs or long shorts seemed like a doofus, actually.

Dolphin 2
August 13th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Your posts give me a rash.

Dear Aquageek
Sorry about your problem. :badday:

Here's something that might help:

http://www.lanacane.com/products.asp

Dolphin 2

thewookiee
August 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I think it was this guy who ruined it all for everyone:

(http://forums.usms.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1644&d=1250098962)

So that's what Wolf looks like without a tech suit on... :angel: