PDA

View Full Version : Michael Phelps uninjured after car crash

Couroboros
August 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/ap_on_re_us/swm_phelps_accident

He certainly seems accident-prone, whether with cars or his bones. I wonder who was at fault.

And an Escalade? C'mon, Phelps, get yourself a nice speedy European sports car. :)

I wonder who the passenger was...

Mark Savage
August 14th, 2009, 03:53 PM
What suit was he wearing during the accident?

Dolphin 2
August 14th, 2009, 04:06 PM

A Cadillac Escalade is not considered a low drag SUV nor is it a low drag suit either. :afraid:

Dolphin 2

thewookiee
August 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM

Wasn't a Jakked...otherwise the back end of the car would have been damaged

Dolphin 2
August 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM

Is a Jakked like a Ford Pinto in which the gas tank exploded in a rear impact?

That would have been a real spectacle with a fire ball rising above the pool!!! :bolt:

Dolphin 2

geochuck
August 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Is it Jakked, Jacked or Jaked??? I kmow but how many do know.

Mark Savage
August 14th, 2009, 05:52 PM

:applaud:

aquageek
August 15th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps was driving with an invalid, out-of-state license and told police he drank a beer about an hour and 15 minutes before he was involved in an accident, Baltimore police said Friday.

The accident was not his fault, however.

JimRude
August 15th, 2009, 10:12 AM
From ESPN:

Phelps presented officers with a Michigan driver's license, according to the report, and investigators determined it was invalid after consulting with Michigan authorities. Phelps lived in Michigan between the 2004 and 2008 Olympics and moved back last year to his native Maryland.

Fred Woodhams, a spokesman for the Michigan secretary of state, said Friday night that Phelps had not paid a fee to reinstate his license, which had been suspended because he was late paying a different fee for not having proof of insurance in 2006.

"It could very well be something that just slipped through the cracks," Guglielmi said of the license.

Phelps' agent, Drew Johnson, and his coach, Bob Bowman, did not respond to repeated messages seeking comment.

Phelps' Escalade had a crumpled front hood after the collision, while Virkus' car had considerable damage to the front driver's side. Two parked cars also sustained minor damage, and one of them was occupied at the time, according to the report.

"Getting into a car after anything to drink is wrong. It's dangerous and unacceptable," Phelps said after his 2004 arrest.
:chug:

aquageek
August 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
If he finished the beer 75 minutes before he got in the car then I suspect he had zero alcohol in his blood stream. However, maybe Phelps needs to just take cabs.

geochuck
August 15th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I beleive he needs a personal special needs child care worker to help him. He needs someone to tell him when to swim, he has this in his coach. He needs some one to tell him when to wake, what to do, what not to do and when to go to bed.

ViveBene
August 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM
The other driver ran a red light. Why should the coach even be asked to comment?

:blah:

KEWebb18
August 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM
From ESPN:

Phelps presented officers with a Michigan driver's license, according to the report, and investigators determined it was invalid after consulting with Michigan authorities. Phelps lived in Michigan between the 2004 and 2008 Olympics and moved back last year to his native Maryland.

I guess that winning gold medals and setting world records doesn't leave time for normal "life" stuff like renewing your license.