PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Colonies Zone SCM Championships

Michelina
August 18th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hi all... I have seen some info floating around under the LCM Zones thread regarding 2009 SCM Zones this winter.

Is there any "official" news on IF there is going to be Zones? When? Where?

I am trying to plan the rest of my year and possible visits to California for the holidays and wanted to try to plan around Zones.

I would love any information if you have it. I have searched all the websites and there is no mention.

Thanks a million!

tjrpatt
August 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
search around in Sept. That is what the NYC Masters site states. We will see what happens. At least, we will get a SCM champs.

swimmieAvsFan
August 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
IF the team from the flushing corona pool does indeed submit a bid (which they have indicated they are planning on doing) there will be a 2-day zone meet at their pool in queens on saturday and sunday, december 5th and 6th.

this is provided they submit a bid. as of saturday morning (aug 15th), they had not submitted a bid...

if they don't submit a bid, it's is not looking promising for there to be an official colonies zone scm meet...

*all of this info is directly from the colonies zone chair, who i happen to swim with*
:)

Chris Stevenson
August 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
IF the team from the flushing corona pool does indeed submit a bid (which they have indicated they are planning on doing) there will be a 2-day zone meet at their pool in queens on saturday and sunday, december 5th and 6th.

this is provided they submit a bid. as of saturday morning (aug 15th), they had not submitted a bid...

if they don't submit a bid, it's is not looking promising for there to be an official colonies zone scm meet...

*all of this info is directly from the colonies zone chair, who i happen to swim with*
:)

Mollie, what's the latest with the potential Thanksgiving weekend SCM meet at the Freedom Center? Is the meet going to happen and, if so, will it be a Zones meet? I've heard conflicting info...

U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - LCM Zones?

swimmieAvsFan
August 19th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Mollie, what's the latest with the potential Thanksgiving weekend SCM meet at the Freedom Center? Is the meet going to happen and, if so, will it be a Zones meet? I've heard conflicting info...

U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - LCM Zones? (http://forums.usms.org/showpost.php?p=189422&postcount=33)

as far as i know, there may still be a meet at freedom center, but they pulled their zone bid. the zone chair hasn't received anything official from them, to my knowledge.

but as an update, the zone chair has finally received a preliminary bid from the flushing corona folks, so once they put in their final bit (provided there are no competing bids), the zone meet should be awarded to flushing...

tjrpatt
August 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
thanks for the current update, Mollie.

swimshark
August 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
as far as i know, there may still be a meet at freedom center, but they pulled their zone bid. the zone chair hasn't received anything official from them, to my knowledge.

Yes, a bid will be mailed in (if it wasn't before the coach left for vacation) for a SCM meet Thanksgiving weekend at the Freedom Ctr but it will not be a Zone meet.

Michelina
August 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info Molly! Good to know the dates so I can keep on planing the holiday season! :banana:

The Fortress
August 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM

but as an update, the zone chair has finally received a preliminary bid from the flushing corona folks, so once they put in their final bit (provided there are no competing bids), the zone meet should be awarded to flushing...

Good info! Do you know when the Flushing Meadows meet is in December?

Really happy about the Freedom Center meet too!

KEWebb18
August 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM
This is some good news. I was worried that we wouldn't have SCM zones. Now I have something to train for!

KEWebb18
October 6th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Is there any new news on the SCM champs front? I am trying to plan for my December and would like to know if it is definitely going to be held in NY.

nyswimmer
October 7th, 2009, 12:55 PM
The Metro LMSC website (www.metroswim.org (http://www.metroswim.org)) says that meet info and online registration will be available October 13, 2009. It'll be on December 5/6. (Click on the Events/Results link)

swimshark
October 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
There will also be a 1 day SCM meet Nov 28th at the Freedom Ctr.

KEWebb18
October 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
The Metro LMSC website (www.metroswim.org (http://www.metroswim.org)) says that meet info and online registration will be available October 13, 2009. It'll be on December 5/6. (Click on the Events/Results link)

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

The Fortress
October 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
There will also be a 1 day SCM meet Nov 28th at the Freedom Ctr.

So it was sanctioned? It is on the PV website? Must see order of events, lol.

tjrpatt
October 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM

The suspense is killing me!!!!!

swimmieAvsFan
October 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM

remember, the freedom center and any teams swimming out of that venue will not be PV teams... you'd be better off checking virgina LMSC's webpage for meet info... and seeing as how the PV webmaster has been a bit busy lately ;)

swimshark
October 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
remember, the freedom center and any teams swimming out of that venue will not be PV teams... you'd be better off checking virgina LMSC's webpage for meet info... and seeing as how the PV webmaster has been a bit busy lately ;)

Mollie is right. It will be a VMST meet. Cy was sending the sanction info in last week so it hasn't been officially released yet. I asked him to send me a copy as soon as he has it so I can send it out to everyone.

SwimStud
October 9th, 2009, 02:05 PM
... and seeing as how the PV webmaster has been a bit busy lately ;)

That's no excuse...he ought to just pull his finger out!

:eek:

Chris Stevenson
October 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Mollie is right. It will be a VMST meet.

Wow, news to me. And I live with the new VMST President. :)

Anyway, I'll submit it to the VA webmaster to post as soon as I get any concrete information (meet info with sanction number, etc).

Pretty sure I won't swim in this, since I'm swimming in the "other" VMST meet (Nov 7) and I'm entering the NE LMSC champs meet (Dec 12-13). Asking for another meet would be pushing it.

swimshark
October 10th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Wow, news to me. And I live with the new VMST President. :)

Anyway, I'll submit it to the VA webmaster to post as soon as I get any concrete information (meet info with sanction number, etc).

Pretty sure I won't swim in this, since I'm swimming in the "other" VMST meet (Nov 7) and I'm entering the NE LMSC champs meet (Dec 12-13). Asking for another meet would be pushing it.

Chris, this will be run by Sunfish Masters but in the VMST. Hopefully Cy has mailed this in by now. He's been telling me "I'm going to mail it in this week" for months now.

Betsy
October 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Allison,
I think you mean that the meet at Freedom Center will be in the Virginia LMSC. It is not a VMST meet (Virginia Masters Swim Team). Both VMST and Sunfish Masters are teams/clubs in the Virginia LMSC. I am looking forward to the meet.

Chris Stevenson
October 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
He's been telling me "I'm going to mail it in this week" for months now.

Yes, I briefly considered making this my taper meet of the season -- it sure would be more convenient and cheaper than going to Boston -- but the uncertainty was off-putting. To some degree, that's true of the zones meet as well.

swimshark
October 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Allison,
I think you mean that the meet at Freedom Center will be in the Virginia LMSC. It is not a VMST meet (Virginia Masters Swim Team). Both VMST and Sunfish Masters are teams/clubs in the Virginia LMSC. I am looking forward to the meet.

Yes. Sorry confused brain this week.

The Fortress
October 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I am starting to find it almost comical that the 50 back/100 fly and 50 fly/100 back are always back to back events ... This is not my imagination. There it is in black and white once again ...

psyncw
October 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It does suck when your best events are back to back! I hate that too. I notice that they have alot of sprints in a row on the first day, and they have the 400 frees in the am with the 400 im in the evening session. I prefer having the 200/400's as buffers in between the sprints to give us rest, while others may want to swim and not wait around to much. But having those "buffers" can further separate your best events.

The Fortress
October 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
It does suck when your best events are back to back! I hate that too. I notice that they have alot of sprints in a row on the first day, and they have the 400 frees in the am with the 400 im in the evening session. I prefer having the 200/400's as buffers in between the sprints to give us rest, while others may want to swim and not wait around to much. But having those "buffers" can further separate your best events.

They do seem to have crammed the sprints together with lots of back to back 50s and 100s, especially on day 1. It makes no sense, when they could so easily have broken them up. :(

tjrpatt
October 15th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Damn, can the distance events be any more cramed together. I might just bail on the Saturday morning session all together. Also, why doese the 200 fly have to be right after the 400 free.