PDA

View Full Version : Eastern States Clinic

pwolf66
August 30th, 2009, 06:50 PM
www.swimclinic.com (http://www.swimclinic.com)

Anyone know anything about this? It's being held in October just outside of Philly and I'm seriously thinking about attending but if anyone has any experience with these clinics, I would love some feedback.

Thanks.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
August 30th, 2009, 10:22 PM
The same group holds a Western States Coaches Clinic here in SoCal.
I went to their last clinic and it was unbelievable!
Eddie Reese, Bob Bowman, Milt Nelms and others...

They do focus on age-group, senior, and college swimming but the technique is still relevant to masters.
At these clinics, some of the best stuff is the coaches telling their stories. And there are real opportunities to approach coaches for advice and questions.

If you can not get to ASCA in Ft. Lauderdale (www.swimmingcoach.org (http://www.swimmingcoach.org)) next week, definitely go to Eastern States!

Am I reading this right that Sean Hutchison is presenting?

Ahelee Sue Osborn
August 30th, 2009, 10:26 PM
OK... so what is the question??

October 17th & 18th 2009
THE CROWNE PLAZA
CHERRY HILL, NJ 08002
(856) 665-6666
(Pool Sessions at the Jersey Wahoos’ pool)

Established in 1976, the Eastern States Clinic is the most comprehensive and personalized coaches’ clinic in the United States. This is an excellent clinic exclusively for the education and advancement of coaches and swimmers.

Our Eastern & Central States Swim Clinics are the largest and most respected privately run clinics in the United States. Our clinic offers you a special opportunity to be with top age group and university coaches as well as ASCA, USA Swimming Facilities Planning & required club certification & YMCA courses.
This clinic is sanctioned by ASCA. Attendance earns you 20 points toward ASCA Coaches Certification Program.

The 2009 Clinic proudly offers the following prestigious line-up of speakers and the opportunity to meet and work with 3 Olympic swimmers:
Bob Bowman: ’04 & ’08 Asst. Olympic coach, coach of Michael Phelps
Jack Bauerle: ’08 Head Olympic coach, Asst. Olympic coach ’00, Head Coach Georgia Men & Women
Sean Hutchison: ’08 Asst. Olympic coach, Head Coach KING Aquatics
Bob Steele: USA Master Coach Consultant & former Director of Athlete & Coach Development
Charlene Boudreau: USA Swimming nutritionist
Brendan Hansen: Olympic Gold Medalist ’04, Bronze Medalist ’00 & World Record holder
Dara Torres: 5 time Olympian winning 12 Olympic medals
Rebecca Soni: ’08 Olympian, 1 Gold, 2 Silvers, 3 time National Champion

pwolf66
August 31st, 2009, 08:15 AM
I know what the brochure says but I've also seen too many instances of bait and switch. I've never heard of this clinic so I decided to see if anyone else has and seems that it's a definate must-do.

I would be going there as a USA-S coach so it seems that it's exactly the type of thing that would help.

coachkopie
September 28th, 2009, 03:18 PM
In response to the question about the Eastern States Clinic --- I attended years ago and it was very good. Have not been in quite awhile but think it has a good track record. Related to that, I just attended a smaller clinic North of Boston that was sponsored by FINIS and ASCA. It was an age group coaches clinic but there was so much great teaching and so many great ideas on teaching skills that any coach working with any age athlete could have gotten lots of great ideas from that clinic, if that helps at all. have a great, fun, safe and fitness filled day.

kopie

Ahelee Sue Osborn
October 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM
I just received a reminder email that the Eastern States Coaches Clinic is still open.

Crowne Plaza in Cherry Hill, NJ on October 17-18.
ASCA Certification classes are on October 15 & 16.

If you didn't make The ASCA World Clinic in Ft. Lauderdale last month and you're on the eastern side of the country, this clinic may be next best.

You can view course descriptions and register on-line at
http://www.swimclinic.com/eastern_optional-courses.html

More information and registration forms can be found here: http://www.swimclinic.com/eastern_details.html