PDA

View Full Version : The 4th Annual Steve Barden Memorial Masters Swim Meet

bergsteiger
August 30th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Thinking about going to this at the end of the month in Asheville. Anyone ever been before?

Alexander Hughes
August 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Never even heard of it. Not posted on the USMS calendar that I can see. I would like to hit a few meets in Georgia sometime soon, I haven't done one since 2004.

thewookiee
August 31st, 2009, 07:36 AM
Never even heard of it. Not posted on the USMS calendar that I can see. I would like to hit a few meets in Georgia sometime soon, I haven't done one since 2004.

It is posted on the Dixie Zone website. I was thinking of going but it is the same weekend as my college alumni meet. Geek has said the people that run the meet do a really nice job.

bergsteiger
September 1st, 2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the intel, Wookie. I appreciate it. Going to send in my registration tomorrow.

bergsteiger
September 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Signed up for the 100 free, 200 IM, 50 back, 500 free, and 50 free. Hope to see some of you there.

bergsteiger
September 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Pretty fun meet. Evidently a lot fewer people this year than in years past but was okay with me since I wasn't in great shape :) Beautiful campus where the meet was held and even snuck in a couple of day hikes while I was in the area. Will probably go back again next year.

Donna
October 1st, 2009, 07:29 AM
So give us the blow by blow... How did you swim?

bergsteiger
October 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Ha ha. Well I don't really remember my exact times and nothing has come out on Dixie Zone or USMS yet. I remember cringing at my 50 back time (6 seconds off my best ever) which was in the neighborhood of 31 seconds. My 50 free and 100 free felt pretty decent at a mid 24 and low 54. 500 free was just under 6min and was a sprint to the finish with someone on the far side of the pool--quite a fun race actually. 200IM was neither good nor bad, 2:31ish I think with everyone either way ahead or behind. Considering I have only been swimming twice a week and not really doing any biking or running like I have been in the past it was a good meet. More a place marker than anything else. Thanks for asking :)