PDA

View Full Version : Master's workouts in Glenview, Il area?

carolpb
September 3rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
I am in the process of moving from Seattle to Glenview and can't find any coached master's workouts...there are LOTS of beautiful pools, including a brand new 8 lane indoor pool at Glenbrook South High School. Where does everyone train?

FlyQueen
September 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
Arlington Heights has a team that practices in the mornings M, W, and F from 6:00am-7:15am and Monday-Thursday nights from 7pm-8:15. We also have practices on Saturdays at 7:30 pm.

Evanston masters is also another possibilty. They have a great website. Are you living and working in Glenview?

The Gray Sharks are in Park Ridge.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 3rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
We also have practices on Saturdays at 7:30 pm.

Saturday at 7:30 P.M.????? Whoa, that is dedicated!

Woah Nellie
September 8th, 2009, 08:33 PM
In addition to the teams listed in previous posts, Northwestern University in Evanston has a masters program, but I don't think the information on the Places to Swim site is updated. They swim on Tues and Thurs mornings from 6 - 7:30 and M, W at noon. Saturday workouts are at 10:30, and all workouts are coached. Lots of high intensity work w/a focus on technique. Nice pool, too.

There are uncoached workouts at the Park Center in Glenview. This is a small but steady group of swimmers who work out from 5:30 - 6:30 in the morning. Many are former college swimmers, and they take turns issuing sets and workouts. I believe they take 3 lanes of the pool at Park Center. Nice group.

Evanston Masters start up again in October. Their website is fairly current, but if you can't contact anyone from there, feel free to send me a private message and I can fill you in some more.

Nell Cunningham