PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree City Meet

hnatkin
September 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Anyone heard from Rob when he is planning on posting the Peachtree City meet entry form? I'm hoping it's BEFORE the meet?

Donna
September 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM
It should be out shortly with the Georgia monthly newsletter.

Hope to see you there.

bergsteiger
October 4th, 2009, 06:55 PM
How did folks fare at this one?

Donna
October 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
We had great weather during the morning and the rain seemed to wait until we were done with the lunch and meeting.

There were several records broken, both individual and relays. Everyone had a great time.

The actual write up will be coming out in the next newsletter so I don't want to spoil it.

As for myself I did the middle distance pentathlon started with the 100 Fly only .5 seconds off my best, the 200 IM was good too had a great race with the guy next to me I could see him ahead of me on the free and just decided I was going to take him and I did. Then came the 100 Free, decent time here but took it out way too fast (in a best time 27.26 at the feet). The 100 Breast was where I thought it would be by then and the back was only 2 seconds off my best.

The Pentathlon is done in under 2 hours so there is not much rest between races, usually we had 4 heats of 50's and 1 or 2 heats of 200's then it was back up on the blocks. You never expect to do best times in anything except the first 2 events after that it is survival.

Glider
October 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Results are up here (http://www.clubassistant.com/GAMasters/meet_results.cfm). Anyone else notice that this meet has been reclassified as a Category I meet so that times don't count towards Top Ten or records?

Donna
October 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Yes I noticed that too. I wonder what the reasoning was behind it. Perhaps Ed would enlighten us on the decision.

Glider
October 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
According to the meet director, it had to do with "placement of the officials", specifically starter, referee, and turn judge. I think they were one official short.

Yes I noticed that too. I wonder what the reasoning was behind it. Perhaps Ed would enlighten us on the decision.

Donna
October 15th, 2009, 09:16 AM
For those doing the pentathlon, after the 1st and 2nd event you go in to survival mode. Hard to do best times with only 10 minutes between events especially on numbers 3, 4 an 5.

But it is a shame since there were some great times done by those who focused on specific events and those who did relays with records in mind.