PDA

View Full Version : Teams in Sacramento area

reachhigher
September 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I've just relocated from San Francisco to the Sacramento area, and I'm trying to figure out which Masters team will be best for me. I'm aware of three teams I'd like to check out, at least - Sac Masters, Davis Masters, and Arden Hill. Are there other teams I should be considering? Does anyone have any experience with any of the Sacto teams?

What I'm looking for in a team (in order of importance):
- First and foremost, good, hands-on coaching;
- Teammates who are pretty focused on competing - i.e., not a team that primarily "swims for health reasons";
- A good facility; I'm leaving behind a 50m pool in SF and I'd like that, if possible. But if not, a 25y/25m pool that isn't overly crowded and is in good repair/clean;
- Ideally, I'd like to find a team with 20something swimmers. There don't seem to be a lot of young adults involved in Masters, and it'd be nice to make friends my own age.

Any thoughts?

jim clemmons
October 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I've just relocated from San Francisco to the Sacramento area, and I'm trying to figure out which Masters team will be best for me. I'm aware of three teams I'd like to check out, at least - Sac Masters, Davis Masters, and Arden Hill. Are there other teams I should be considering? Does anyone have any experience with any of the Sacto teams?

What I'm looking for in a team (in order of importance):
- First and foremost, good, hands-on coaching;
- Teammates who are pretty focused on competing - i.e., not a team that primarily "swims for health reasons";
- A good facility; I'm leaving behind a 50m pool in SF and I'd like that, if possible. But if not, a 25y/25m pool that isn't overly crowded and is in good repair/clean;
- Ideally, I'd like to find a team with 20something swimmers. There don't seem to be a lot of young adults involved in Masters, and it'd be nice to make friends my own age.

Any thoughts?

Davis for the 20something crowd. Sorry, other than that I'm not familiar with any of the workout facilities but Sacramento Masters puts on a scm sprint pentathlon in the UC Davis pool (Schall Aquatic Center) - a great facility but I don't believe it's used for masters workouts.

I'm not sure there is any team not comprised mainly of "primarily swims for health reasons" swimmers - anywhere.