PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy Gaines Classic - Orlando, FL, October 17-18

aquageek
September 10th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was wondering if any other forumites are attending this meet. I am swimming Saturday only and the family is joining me that evening for the social at Sea World. Would like to meet up with others attending.

Here's the link to the meet:

http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0910orlando.pdf

Fort isn't attending due to her ongoing boycott of all things Dixie Zone and her desire to be more like me by swimming OW in a 2XU suit.

tjrpatt
September 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I think that pwbrundage is going. If it is not in the Northeast, I am not going since times are rough right now.

The Fortress
September 10th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Fort isn't attending due to her ongoing boycott of all things Dixie Zone and her desire to be more like me by swimming OW in a 2XU suit.

Would love to join, but you have correctly assessed that I am busy boycotting the Dixie Zone at present. However, my conflict is not with my 2XULuv but with GMUP's Sprint Classic the following weekend. I can't miss the annual "Battle of the Drop Dead Sprinters." It goes without saying that you would suffer your third beat down in this competition. :D

pwb
September 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I'll be there along with 1/4th of my cheering section (my youngest daughter), going to the evening thing and still trying to convince my dad to come down to swim as well.

While this was supposed to be a mid-season meet for me, given some developments at work, this might end up being my SCM "big meet."

Ricki
September 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
This sounds like a ton of fun...really wish I could go! Hope you all have fun!

jonblank
September 15th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Would love to join, but you have correctly assessed that I am busy boycotting the Dixie Zone at present. However, my conflict is not with my 2XULuv but with GMUP's Sprint Classic the following weekend. I can't miss the annual "Battle of the Drop Dead Sprinters."

I have a lousy work schedule - working both the weekend of the Rowdy Gaines meet in Orlando AND the weekend of the Dixie Zone SCM meet in Columbia (Halloween weekend). But I am not working the weekend of Oct 25 so I will probably drive up to Fairfax for the one-day Sunday sprint meet. I hope I have enough speed for the all-out 25s, but what I'm really waiting for is a meet that will feature gut-bustin' 12.5 yard dive sprints!

Paul Smith
September 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I was wondering if any other forumites are attending this meet. I am swimming Saturday only and the family is joining me that evening for the social at Sea World. Would like to meet up with others attending.

Here's the link to the meet:

http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0910orlando.pdf

I sent Rowdy a copy of your little calender and he has offically banished you from the event...and Team Blu Frog.

aquageek
September 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I sent Rowdy a copy of your little calender and he has offically banished you from the event...and Team Blu Frog.

Better banish Smith by Marriage since she keeps a pocket calendar of me in her purse for frequent viewing.

As TBF Sargent at Arms I assign you to latrine duty.

thewookiee
September 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Better banish Smith by Marriage since she keeps a pocket calendar of me in her purse for frequent viewing.

She does this as a reminder of when things are tough , they could have been worse...

swimcat
September 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
the cat will be in attendance:)