PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Training Partners- NE Cobb

Lump
September 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Looking for training partners to swim with at Mountain View Pool (Cobb Co. Parks & Rec Pool) in the mornings from 0600-0730.

The Stringrays do swim here but at this point its not cost effective for me. I'm just tired of swimming on my own and looking for someone of the same skillset. I'm about a 1:10-1:15 base 100 free.

Donna
September 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Until you can find someone to train with try doing what I do, keep yourself accountable by maintaining a blog. Enlist the help of someone on the boards to help keep you accountable and motivated.

There are plenty of us in your situation who are training on our own and sometimes you need someone to spur you on. You can also find some interesting and creative workouts you might want to adapt to your own level on the blogs.

Are you doing the Peachtree Pentathlon? I'll be there and hope to see you there!

Lump
September 15th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Been doing a blog for a year now

http://jeffpalm-swimming.blogspot.com/

Not doing any meets for quite awhile. I just started a new job and most weekends are booked up with family stuff right now. The SC SCM Champs may/may not be my first meet. Other than going to the pool and gym everything else is up in the air.

I just want someone to swim with that is like me, clock work.....shows ups, etc...how fast they are is really down the list of what I'm looking for. I also pull alot of my workouts (full and partial) from here, mostly from Coach Nate.