PDA

View Full Version : usms database

Mswimming
September 18th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Can you compete and not have your results listed in the usms database?

tjrpatt
September 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Sure, God darn manual results submitted to the Top ten Recorder!!!!!!

qbrain
September 18th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I read your question differently. Are you asking if you can request that your times and name not be posted publicly in the database?

If that is what you are asking, it is technically possible, but I am not sure there is a procedure setup to get it done.

tjrpatt
September 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Or, ask you meet director or Ten Top recorder to delete your results from the .cl2 file. That isn't hard to take your results out.

nkfrench
September 18th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Or, ask you meet director or Ten Top recorder to delete your results from the .cl2 file. That isn't hard to take your results out.

Yes, the .cl2 files can be edited in Notepad if you familiarize yourself with the file stucture. It is similar to sdif format which is documented at USA Swimming.

Relay results - not reasonable unless the other swimmers concur.

However - if you swam and wish your results posted (but they are not in the database), check with the meet host & their LMSC's Top Ten recorder to ensure they got results and that they have been sent in. Could be that your LMSC needs somebody to volunteer for the position.

Mswimming
September 21st, 2009, 11:58 AM
I read your question differently. Are you asking if you can request that your times and name not be posted publicly in the database?

If that is what you are asking, it is technically possible, but I am not sure there is a procedure setup to get it done.

Yep that was what I was asking. I was hoping there was a check box or something in the USMS profile section. That would be nice.

Chris Stevenson
September 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
Can you compete and not have your results listed in the usms database?

You can request that your swims be unofficial or exhibition. Ask the meet director at the meet itself.

But if you are asking that your results be "hidden" but then submitted for Top Ten consideration...I'm not sure that is fair to other competitors. Also a bit of a PITA for Top Ten recorders.

Mswimming
September 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
You can request that your swims be unofficial or exhibition. Ask the meet director at the meet itself.

But if you are asking that your results be "hidden" but then submitted for Top Ten consideration...I'm not sure that is fair to other competitors. Also a bit of a PITA for Top Ten recorders.

Good point.