PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Classic

pwolf66
September 20th, 2009, 08:32 PM
on October 25th? Who's planning on being there from the Forumites?

I'm going: all 4 50s, 100 IM and all the 25s are on the agenda.

Look forward to seeing folks there!!!!

bkbain
September 23rd, 2009, 10:43 AM
Love this meet. Ill be there!!!!

KEWebb18
September 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I'll be there with my sprint hat on. I can't wait!:banana:
I considered the 200 free, but I thought what the heck, I can do that at any old meet. I'm gonna have fun at this one.
100 free, 100 IM, 50 free, and the 25's are on my list.

swimshark
October 4th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I'm going as my final meet before ankle surgery. I'm only going to do the 25's and maybe 1 or 2 other events and then have fun. I have a friend in town from Maine who will be there as well.

Um.. lunch after?

Julie Roddin
October 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Count me in. I can't remember what I signed up for and haven't swum all summer/fall so am only expecting to have a lot of fun catching up with everyone! No 25s for me this year!

See you all soon!

Russian Bear
October 13th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hey, sprinters! I'm new to the USMS forums - just registered tonight. I'm swimming the 50 free, 100 free, and 50 breast plus the free and breast 25s. This will be my post-high school competitive debut (12 years ago):applaud: Hope to have fun and meet some fellow NOVA swimmers.

swimshark
October 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Welcome RussianBear!! I look forward to meeting you at the meet and seeing your introduction to masters swimming. There will be a group of us from here so you'll have to meet all of us. And bring clothes for lunch after :applaud:

The Fortress
October 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I'm coming to squash SwimStud and Wolfy in the 50 evil. Swimming all 4 50s and all 4 25s.

Speedo will be there. Jazz Hands will be there. Lots of GMUP folks will be there, as we're hosting. :)

Jazzy apparently didn't get the message about the "Battle of the Drop Dead Sprinters" and only signed up for the 25 free. lol. He thinks we were trying to trick him into doing, gasp, an entire 100 ...

jim clemmons
October 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
... And bring clothes for lunch after :applaud:

What, you don't need the clothes to get to the meet as well? What the heck do you folks wear while traveling to and from meets? :anim_coffee:

swimshark
October 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
What, you don't need the clothes to get to the meet as well? What the heck do you folks wear while traveling to and from meets? :anim_coffee:

Us east coasters are strange bunch of swimmers.

The Fortress
October 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM

If Roque would only let us non-elite swimmers have B70 trench coats, we'd be set.

pwolf66
October 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Fort, you have NO reason to express displeasure over outside lanes.

9 events entered, FIVE outside lanes (lane 1 once, lane 8 FOUR times)

Guess I need to either swim a touch slower or swim a lot faster.

thewookiee
October 22nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Fort, you have NO reason to express displeasure over outside lanes.

9 events entered, FIVE outside lanes (lane 1 once, lane 8 FOUR times)

Guess I need to either swim a touch slower or swim a lot faster.

Well....you do have lane lines next to the wall...so that's not so bad.

I vote "swim a lot faster"

pwolf66
October 22nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Well....you do have lane lines next to the wall...so that's not so bad.

I vote "swim a lot faster"
Heck, I'd take 'swim more than once a week' right now.

The Fortress
October 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Count me in. I can't remember what I signed up for and haven't swum all summer/fall so am only expecting to have a lot of fun catching up with everyone! No 25s for me this year!

See you all soon!

Did you see that you, me, Mollie and Barb are next to each other in the 50 back? A reunion of sorts. ;) :)

Nope, no outside lanes for me, Paul. I seeded myself very fast just for you! ;) Now, hopefully, I can do my seed times.

KEWebb18
October 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
Where are the psych sheets posted? I hope that I am not in a slow heat for my 100 free! I want to swim fast!
I can't wait to say hi to everyone on Sunday :)

swimshark
October 24th, 2009, 06:34 AM
http://www.patriotmasters.org/2009_sprint_classic_psych_sheet.htm

See you tomorrow.

KEWebb18
October 24th, 2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.patriotmasters.org/2009_sprint_classic_psych_sheet.htm

See you tomorrow.

Thanks! Good luck tomorrow!

Julie Roddin
October 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I LOVED my outside lane in the 100 back! I mean, how often do you get to smile and laugh at those leaning over your lane cheering for you?!?!? Too fun! Had I focused I still would have swum a personal worst anyways!