PDA

View Full Version : When will the 2010 USMS Openwater National info be listed?

Ken Classen
September 21st, 2009, 01:26 PM
It's never to early to start planning. I see the 2010 pool Championship information is listed but no openwater on the USMS competition calendar yet.

aquageek
September 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I've seen somewhere that Charlotte is hosting the 2010 USMS OW championships but I can't find it again. There are many lakes here for good OW swimming but don't expect much in the way of visibility.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
I've seen somewhere that Charlotte is hosting the 2010 USMS OW championships but I can't find it again. There are many lakes here for good OW swimming but don't expect much in the way of visibility.

It was definitely awarded at the 2008 Conference. This year's should have set the date. Hoping it's after June 4 so I have aged up.

aquageek
September 24th, 2009, 12:54 PM
It was definitely awarded at the 2008 Conference. This year's should have set the date. Hoping it's after June 4 so I have aged up.

The date I saw was May 29, again, just rumor, trying to confirm.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 24th, 2009, 02:14 PM
The date I saw was May 29, again, just rumor, trying to confirm.

Found a tentative schedule, posted on SwimMAC site by Steve Robling that says the same date, cutting me out of the new age group. I am always on the tail end of Short Course as well. Oh, well, maybe one of the others will be nearby.

aquageek
September 24th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Probably, cutting me out of the new age group. I always am on the tail end of Short Course.

Think of the positive - you got rid of gull and he's a known agitator.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Think of the positive - you got rid of gull and he's a known agitator.

Hmmmmm... Hard to remember who was the agitator and who was the agitatee! Sure reduced the intrastate trash talking, in any case.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
They are posted now in the usual place.

jerry clark
November 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Its Saturday morning May 29, 2010 at Latta Plantation, a site on the eastern side of Lake Norman (about 15-20 minutes north of I-85) in Charlotte, NC

All the OW national championship events require the host to remit a signed contract to Ann Swenson by December 1st. The contract for this event has been signed snail mailed this past week. The host is working up his entry form and is expected to send it and the accompanying info to Ann in the next few weeks.

The location has been the site of numerous triathlons; enclosed restrooms, plenty of parking, quiet water, chip timing, etc. will be there for the participants.

Hey Geek, maybe you can get your brethren to put this on their calendars.

thewookiee
November 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hmmmmm... Hard to remember who was the agitator and who was the agitatee! Sure reduced the intrastate trash talking, in any case.

Yes, got rid of the intrastate trash talking but now Mr. Potato Head has launched into interstate trash talking.

How far is the open water swim? I may have to venture across state lines to whoop Mr. Potato Head's hairless arse, then come back before I get arrested cruelty to a vegetable.

TRYM_Swimmer
December 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Its Saturday morning May 29, 2010 at Latta Plantation, a site on the eastern side of Lake Norman (about 15-20 minutes north of I-85) in Charlotte, NC

All the OW national championship events require the host to remit a signed contract to Ann Swenson by December 1st. The contract for this event has been signed snail mailed this past week. The host is working up his entry form and is expected to send it and the accompanying info to Ann in the next few weeks.

The location has been the site of numerous triathlons; enclosed restrooms, plenty of parking, quiet water, chip timing, etc. will be there for the participants.

Hey Geek, maybe you can get your brethren to put this on their calendars.

Jerry,

Any hotel recommendations for that area? Should be some TRYM folk trying that one.

If you have early access to a 50M pool, you can over-distance train for that one by doing the 5K/10K Postal, which will begin on May 15, also being run by an NC Masters group.