PDA

View Full Version : How do I upload a custom avatar?

joshua
September 22nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
There is usually an option on the "edit avatar" page - but not on this forum. What to do? I want to upload an avatar from my pc.

Sharpsburger
September 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I haven't tried this yet, but is it not under "Your Profile" > "Edit Profile Picture"?

joshua
September 25th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Nope. Tried that.

nyswimmer
September 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
You have to make a certain number of posts before you can upload a custom avatar -- 40, I think.

matysekj
September 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yes, you can upload a custom avatar after 30 posts. The quicker way to get this capability is to confirm your U.S. Masters Swimming membership by visiting the My USMS (http://myusms.org) area. When you first visit that area, you can log in using your forums login and enter your USMS membership info. From that point forward, your forums account can access any members-only content and features and your forums account has elevated privileges here that are normally reserved for more frequent posters.

Sharpsburger
October 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Yes, you can upload a custom avatar after 30 posts. The quicker way to get this capability is to confirm your U.S. Masters Swimming membership by visiting the My USMS (http://myusms.org) area. When you first visit that area, you can log in using your forums login and enter your USMS membership info. From that point forward, your forums account can access any members-only content and features and your forums account has elevated privileges here that are normally reserved for more frequent posters.

Well, just for my own information, I've already done that, so if I want to upload a custom avatar, is "Your Profile" > "Edit Profile Picture" the way I do it?

matysekj
October 6th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Well, just for my own information, I've already done that, so if I want to upload a custom avatar, is "Your Profile" > "Edit Profile Picture" the way I do it?

It should be available under "UserCP" > "Settings & Options" > "Edit Avatar". There should be a block for uploading a custom avatar at the bottom of that page.

Sharpsburger
October 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
It should be available under "UserCP" > "Settings & Options" > "Edit Avatar". There should be a block for uploading a custom avatar at the bottom of that page.

Got it. Thanks.

joshua
October 14th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Yes, you can upload a custom avatar after 30 posts.

Me think me have another swimming goal :confused:

Sharpsburger
November 11th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Well, this will be my 34th post... now I just need a pic.

Sharpsburger
November 25th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Hey hey, it worked!

ghost88
February 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Bummer, still have a bit to go...