PDA

View Full Version : Dagny Knutson Makes College Choice

ande
September 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
Dagny Knutson Makes College Choice (http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/lane9/news/22215.asp?q=<i>Swimming%20World</i>%20Six-Star%20Dagny%20Knutson%20Makes%20College%20Choice) --
September 22, 2009

MINOT, North Dakota, September 22. ONE of only five Swimming World six-star women's recruits in the Class of 2010, Minot's Dagny Knutson, made a decision regarding her future, selecting a top notch school to attend.

Knutson made Brett Hawke, Paul Yetter and all of the Auburn faithful extremely happy when she committed to attend the Southeastern Conference powerhouse.

"I loved Auburn because the small-town feel felt like home, and the chemistry between the coaching staff and team is amazing," Knutson told Swimming World "The Auburn family works so well together! I'm excited to have the chance to be a part of a collegiate team, and I think it'll be a great place to improve my swimming abilities."

Knutson is as close to a lock in recruiting as a team can get. She has times that would have reached the A final at the NCAA Division I Championships in five events. She owns top times in the 100-yard free (47.80), 200-yard free (1:42.81); 500-yard free (4:34.78); 200-yard IM (1:54.03); and 400-yard IM (4:00.62).

She has also been to the top of the sport in long course meter action as a member of the U.S. roster at the 2009 World Championships this year.

aquageek
September 23rd, 2009, 11:58 AM
As an SEC fan, I'm happy. As a UGA spouse, I'm not happy. As a person who swims with a bunch of Auburn swimmers and under Marsh himself, I'm dejected.

I guess, and Wookie will agree, we can all be happy she didn't choose the University of Bovine @ Austin. That would have been insufferable!

thewookiee
September 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
I guess, and Wookie will agree, we can all be happy she didn't choose the University of Bovine @ Austin. That would have been insufferable!

Agreed!

qbrain
September 23rd, 2009, 12:27 PM

Obviously you did not learn the definition of all at where ever you weren't educated.

thewookiee
September 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Obviously you did not learn the definition of all at where ever you weren't educated.

Geek is a lowly graduate of barefoot university of chapel hill. He is more dejected by the fact that he was rejected by Duke University. See, he secretly wishes to be a Duke graduate.

And in truth, isn't that what all graduate of barefoot university of chapel hill want as well.

orca1946
September 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Let's keep track of her in the future.

Chris Stevenson
September 23rd, 2009, 12:59 PM

Sure he did: "everyone worth listening to." Pretty much limited to UNC alums, though ardent fans can be heard when they yell loudly and the wind is blowing just right.

pwb
September 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
I guess, and Wookie will agree, we can all be happy she didn't choose the University of Texas @ Austin.

Speak for yourself.

She's certainly a bright star ... I only wish, in a wholly unbiased and completely objective manner, that she would have chosen a more enlightened and burnt orange choice.

aquageek
September 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
I saw her at UltraSwim, very impressive. You have to figure she's kind of a world unto herself out in ND. I think it will be interesting to see how she adapts to a big competitive team setting. I'm sure she will excel but it will be a change I think.

BTW - there are no good orange schools. Orange is ugly!

thewookiee
September 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM

This coming from a full grown adult that wears baby blue

TRYM_Swimmer
September 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
This coming from a full grown adult that wears baby blue

If God's not a Tarheel, why is the sky Carolina Blue?

Tarheel Dad

Leonard Jansen
September 23rd, 2009, 03:26 PM

Tarheel Dad

Pollution. When the air is clean, it's Nittany Lion Blue.

-LBJ

aquageek
September 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM

Tarheel Dad

Tar Heel, two words.

TRYM_Swimmer
September 23rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Tar Heel, two words.

Sorry, I'm just a Dad who had a daughter in the state, haven't been naturalized yet!!! lol

thewookiee
September 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM

Tarheel Dad

Sorry Leonard and TRYM, when the sky is perfect blue, it is American blue.

knelson
September 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM

What do you mean? I thought the sky was supposed to be gray. :)

[OK, it's 80 degrees and sunny here right now, but thought I should reinforce the stereotype]

RuffWater
September 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
How long before Dagny goes pro?

tjrpatt
September 24th, 2009, 02:52 PM
This will be good for her. She needs a program like Auburn to set her over the top into the international elite level.

John C Smith
September 24th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Yes orange schools are just horrible ........ Dagney should have signed at one of those top notch North Carolina swimming schools. One that can barely make the top 20.

aquageek
September 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Yes orange schools are just horrible ........ Dagney should have signed at one of those top notch North Carolina swimming schools. One that can barely make the top 20.

Might want to think a bit harder when thinking about NC and swimming talent, like maybe review your male swimming roster, Capt. Bevo!

KeithM
September 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM
She did say the small town atmosphere was part of the appeal. Yetter has plenty of experience training top IMers.

It will be interesting to see where Beisel goes next year. It has the potential to be a good rivalry in the IMs. Anyone know the schools she's looking at?

Given the way Batchelor trains you'd have to think Florida would be in the running.

John C Smith
September 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Might want to think a bit harder when thinking about NC and swimming talent, like maybe review your male swimming roster, Capt. Bevo!

Yes.... I noticed he stayed in NC for the great collegiate swimming experience.

Oh but wait...... that wasn't an ORANGE school he ended up at was it?

aquageek
September 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Yes.... I noticed he stayed in NC for the great collegiate swimming experience.

Oh but wait...... that wasn't an ORANGE school he ended up at was it?

As one of the original 13 colonies we find it important to share our wealth with the newer admitted states. This is why we also sent you Mack and gull.

I'm not 100% sure that is orange you guys wear as it borders on manure brown. Maybe if you post a photo of the heifer tattoo you got when you turned 58 we can judge the true color better.

John C Smith
September 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
As one of the original 13 colonies we find it important to share our wealth with the newer admitted states. This is why we also sent you Mack and gull.

I'm not 100% sure that is orange you guys wear as it borders on manure brown. Maybe if you post a photo of the heifer tattoo you got when you turned 58 we can judge the true color better.

I will take that as a confession on the great swimming schools of North Carolina.