PDA

View Full Version : pools in cabo san lucas

vicky dewey
September 29th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Does any know of a workout facility in Cabo? Thanks! Vicky

ande
September 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
i'd think the hotels & resorts have to have some acceptable pools,
probably not rectangular, but you might be surprised by how big they are and delighted with the swim up bars

__steve__
September 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hijack, but what about Guam? I'll be there from 19 - 30 Oct for work, but with plenty of free time.

ande
September 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
no clue, but same thing, look for a great place to stay with a nice pool, plus
there may be some swim teams there, military bases usually have pools & swim programs

ande

Sorry to hijack, but what about Guam? I'll be there from 19 - 30 Oct for work, but with plenty of free time.

qbrain
September 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM

YES! There is an awesome facility just off the coast were the water is brisk and there is plenty of space. :)

If you are looking for flip turns, I can't help you. Sorry.

orca1946
September 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
If the waves are not too bad ,swim in the ocean ! It is a great break from pools !

quicksilver
September 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
It's either swim with the dolphins, swim in the ocean, or swim in one of these. (http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/16/21/13/riu-palace-cabo-san-lucas.jpg)

They know not of the sport we call swimming.

I could be wrong. But that pool looks very inviting.

qbrain
September 29th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I could be wrong. But that pool looks very inviting.

And that fountain will make for some interesting flip turns.

WPSWIMS
September 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
When I was on a cruise with Holland America, I went to a beach/hotel that did have a pool where I could swim laps. Cannot remember the name, but google HOlland America Land Tours and you may find it! I was there a few years ago. Did not realize I lost my skin patch in the pool and was very sea sick that night! At least I got a 2500 yard workout while on a cruise!

aztimm
September 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I was in Cabo back in 2000, stayed at the Hyatt or Westin, can't remember. The hotel had several pools, none dedicated for lap swimming, but they worked. I'd get out around 8-9am and hardly another soul was around.

Be extremely careful if you go in the ocean there. Because the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific it can be very rough. I went a few times from the hotel beach, and the lifeguard freaked out if I went more than a few feet out. Could be worse if there are storms in the area, or maybe not bad at all.

I'm sure there must be city pools in the actual towns, San Jose del Cabo, but I didn't rent a car.