PDA

View Full Version : Masters Nationals back to 1970

Allen Stark
October 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Someone or ones took the time and effort to list the results of every Nationals swum by USMS back to the first in 1970.Whoever did it thank you:bow::cheerleader:.It is very interesting to look back at the times from the early 70s to see how far we've come(for instance the winning 200 BR time in the 60-64 age group at Indy this year would have won the 200 Free in that age group at the first LCM Nats in 1973.)It was also interesting for me to be reminded of some of the swimmers from back then(my first Nats was 1975.)

Ahelee Sue Osborn
October 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
This has been a HUGE undertaking by the USMS History and Archives Committee which is headed by San Diego's Barbara Dunbar.

Really interesting to go back and look over times and names from the past!
Coaches might consider checking on some of their swimmers past lives to pull some inspiration!
I looked back and found many of our Mission Viejo Nadadores Masters original pioneers who launched the team back in the early 70s.
All are still swimming masters!

http://www.usms.org/admin/committee.php?c=23

I know that the H&A Committee is still looking to fill in some holes in the USMS competition results history. They are keeping history for pool and open water results.

Thanks Barbara and committee!

trinollinger
October 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
I would love to see them. Where can I find them?

Allen Stark
October 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Go to "competition" on the main toolbar.Then click on "Nationals" and scroll down.

KEWebb18
October 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
WOW. I cannot imagine the time it took to do this. Kudos to all who worked on it!

Glenn
October 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Allen,

Thanks for this thread! Great to see all of the old nationals times. Amazing how much better we are today.

A big thanks to Barbara Dunbar and committee. I will see her at the SCM meet at Mission Viejo tomorrow and will thank her in person.

pwb
October 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
this is cool.

aquageek
October 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
What was Paul Smith's time in the 100 free in the 35-39 AG back in 1970?

Allen Stark
October 3rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Allen,

Thanks for this thread! Great to see all of the old nationals times. Amazing how much better we are today.

A big thanks to Barbara Dunbar and committee. I will see her at the SCM meet at Mission Viejo tomorrow and will thank her in person.

Thank her for me please.