PDA

View Full Version : Mission Viejo results posted yet?? Records...

Its a slow show
October 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
set. Several world and national records were set don't have the details. Lots of Blue 70's etc. It really seems ridiculous to ban them from masters. Leave the LZR's, B70's from the original FINA ruling. Certainly let men wear knee to shoulder at least. Anybody have the official results yet??

ehoch
October 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Well - no official results yet, but I saw Barbara Dunbar setting at least 3 records.

Bob Strand in the 200 Breast / Gerald Van Hoffman 200 Breast

Tamas Kerekjarto (30) swam a 54+ in the 100 Fly / 2:00 in the 200 Fly and destroyed me in the 400 Free in a 3:57 (to my 4:01) - not sure which of his swims were world or USMS records.

BR KnuckleDragger
October 7th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Bob thoroughly kicked my a$$ in the 2 Breast...

It was a pleasure to race next to him:bow:

Michael Heather
October 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
The results cannot be posted if they are not received by the local top ten and records administrator. Perhaps you would like the job of pestering the meet processor? No? Then patience is your friend.

Ahelee Sue Osborn
October 8th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Here in California we might be a little slower in releasing masters swim meet results.

I checked and here it is:
We actually have the meet processor send his final results to the registrar to verify and check USMS & World Records. And then post the final results list to the LMSC website.
I would venture to say that our registrar rarely, if ever makes a mistake when releasing final results or submitting Top Ten times.

Oh and EHoch, this would be yet another service that USMS offers to it's membership.
It sure beats the times when we used to have to wait for results to be mailed - or printed 3 months later in the magazine doesn't it?

Reminds me of the appropriate video clip someone passed along to me on Facebook yesterday:

YouTube - Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy

I'm as bad... I already asked our head coach if we couldn't at least post the "unofficial results" on our own team website. And I didn't even swim in the meet.

BR KnuckleDragger
October 8th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Speaking of Bob and his historic Breaststroke swims; Has he ever posted his typical BR workouts?

I read an article in the Times where he said he swims mostly sprint based workouts. He also said he does primarily 4 "weight-training" machine workouts twice a week... 50 bonus points if anyone knows the specifics!

:D

jim clemmons
October 8th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Here in California we might be a little slower in releasing masters swim meet results.

Actually, this should be written as "Here in Southern California..."

:kiss1:

jim clemmons
October 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Speaking of Bob and his historic Breaststroke swims; Has he ever posted his typical BR workouts?

I read an article in the Times where he said he swims mostly sprint based workouts. He also said he does primarily 4 "weight-training" machine workouts twice a week... 50 bonus points if anyone knows the specifics!

:D

Bob trains hard by drinking wine. When the wine's gone, he drinks beer for his taper potion portion. That's the key to Bob's training.

:anim_coffee:

BR KnuckleDragger
October 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
LOL...:anim_coffee:

Ahelee Sue Osborn
October 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM

:kiss1:

Absolutely true!

In the Pacific Masters, event results are usually posted that same night. And that includes each individual night of the Regional Championships.

I'm actually very proud of and inspired by my hometown LMSC!

But still waiting for our meet results to post :(

Robert Strand
October 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Brett- thanks for your flattering posts. Using the word "historic" is true as in "an old man swimming"!!! As for training Clemmons is correct. I combine a combination of diet (consistant wine drinking along with,just added Rocky Road ice cream Dryer's only, and lots a fatty foods. Intense mental visualization of training and as little actual pool time as possible. My teamates refer to me as a "slacker" which I believe is a under-statement. I don't use any enchancing performance drugs but I would be dis-honest if I did'nt admit to a heavy use of M&M's (green only) on race day. Well Brett that is about it. Please introduce yourself at the next meet (for me UCLA) and good luck with your swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BR KnuckleDragger
October 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hello Bob,

Thanks for the pointers, I guess i need to switch from Ben & Jerry's "half-baked" to Rocky road. I won't be going to fucla but will be at championships at Long beach.

Ahelee, Can we add these regiments to our Nadadores evening workouts?

Happy Friday everyone!

Mswimming
October 9th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ahelee, Can we add these regiments to our Nadadores evening workouts?

Happy Friday everyone!

Especially the part about being a slacker. That way I can swim/day dream in practice guilt free.

james lucas
October 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Actually, I'm sitting right now in the San Jose airport, in northern California, and I have to say I am impressed at just how slow some of you guys up here can move. Not, mind you, that I'm saying there's anything wrong with that.

JimRude
October 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Brett- thanks for your flattering posts. Using the word "historic" is true as in "an old man swimming"!!! As for training Clemmons is correct. I combine a combination of diet (consistant wine drinking along with,just added Rocky Road ice cream Dryer's only, and lots a fatty foods. Intense mental visualization of training and as little actual pool time as possible. My teamates refer to me as a "slacker" which I believe is a under-statement. I don't use any enchancing performance drugs but I would be dis-honest if I did'nt admit to a heavy use of M&M's (green only) on race day. Well Brett that is about it. Please introduce yourself at the next meet (for me UCLA) and good luck with your swimming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like the legendary training regimen of Jack Babashoff...

Allen Stark
October 13th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Any idea when they will be posted yet.

Its a slow show
October 19th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I see the meet results are listed in the top ten currrent swims (SCM) in the competition section of this website!!!

BR KnuckleDragger
October 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
They're posted:

http://www.spma.net/meetresults/2009/2009_MVM_SCM_Results.pdf

:bliss: