PDA

View Full Version : TOO many schedules

patrice.isensee
October 9th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I coach at a Army Reserve post and just started offering swim training in hopes to start a team or coach a All Army Sports qualifier. The hardest part is finding a good time for all the swimmers, their schedules change depending on what troops are on post, also, some swimmers are only on post for a limited amount of time (some 2 weeks, or 2 months, etc.). The next hardest part is we do not have competition to set a goal, until we prove their is enough intrest to invest the money, so planning a workout is difficult (not to mention we only have 45 min. to work out). Those that can make it to the 2 practices a week offered right now, enjoy it and are very greatful for the opportunity. So what I need is ideas to make this a success.

Donna
October 9th, 2009, 08:15 PM
You might try offering a few options. When I first started in Savannah they had practices Mon-Fri 5:30-6:45am, Sat 7:00-8:30am, and Mon, Tues, & Thurs 6:00-7:15pm.

You could try to offer a few mornings like M,W,F, If that goes well and there is interest add noon and/or evening T,Th, or any kinds of combinations so that most people could try to make a session or two. Most won't swim every day, they usually want to stagger their training initially.

You would probably want to meet the needs of those who are going to be there often, those who don't readily travel and are fairly stable in their location.